Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    The Voting Committee. The online voting is probably older people. Journey had the most votes in the online voting from what I read.

At this point, I'm not surprise who gets in. I'm just hoping Steve Perry shows up and this won't be another Peter Cetera and Peter Gabriel mess like the last few years. I really want Steve there.

If he doesn't show up, he's still in the R&R HoF no matter if he shows up or not.
    Regarding Peter Gabriel he didn't appear with Genesis because he was preparing for a tour. It was a shame but that's what he's like. There was no animosity.

I'm very happy for ELO & Yes. I hope Roy Wood & Bev Bevan will show up for ELO's induction.

Ultimately the final say is held by Jann Wenner, the Rolling Stone editor, who hates progressive rock. He apparently also hates Dire Straits. I'm still waiting.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm happy with all as I'm a fan of each artist/band!!! I had a feeling both Pearl Jam and Tupac would get in their first year. Both I didn't really get into till I was a teenager but I love Pearl Jam and do like some of Tupac's songs and other hip hop artists. I'm actually surprised Journey and ELO weren't in yet. Another sign I'm getting older when bands I remember being out as a kid are getting in and I know who every artist now. LOL Will be interesting what happens with Journey and if Steve is involved.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I'm very happy for ELO & Yes. I hope Roy Wood & Bev Bevan will show up for ELO's induction.
    Wouldn't that be great! Bevan is being inducted so I hope it's kumbaya with all the members. It just occurred to me now that the string section of ELO tours separately from Jeff and Bev so there are at least three factions involved.

P.S. How can anyone hate the Dire Straits?! Even if their music is not one's cup of tea, I would think their artistry is plainly evident. Knopfler's playing is sublime. But as you say, if Wenner doesn't like you/think you're hip enough, that's it.

I wasn't surprised Pearl Jam and Tupac was picked. Those the two I knew would get in. I did say ELO, Journey and Yes as finally getting in. I kinda thought Janet would get picked, but it didn't happen. She will get in sooner than later. I guess somebody finally woke up. Now if we can get others in. I think The Cars time will come in either a year or two. They will either be inducted 2018 or 2019.

This is my opinion, but I think its going to get harder and harder for the acts who have been out since the 60s and 70s to get in. They're going to get the acts who came out in the 80s and 90s first before they do the acts who are unknown to this generation at this moment. I could be wrong, but it looks that way.

Border Troubadour

I abhor concepts like RRHOF, but I'm glad Yes are finally in there, sadly well after Mr. Squire left us. The list of laughably obvious omissions is reducing!

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

That's good business. Some very worthy inductees. It would be awesome if Steve Perry showed up and sang with the band. I don't see why he wouldn't, really.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Doesn't Steve Perry have vocal issues, or is it all down to conflicts with other Journey musicians?

I did sing again this year, but he doesn't have the voice like he use to have. I think I read he's putting out an album.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-21-2016 at 09:56 AM.

From what I just read it was Steve Augeri who was having the throat problems. I think when Steve Perry left the band in the 90s, he had to have hip replacement surgery.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

As far as I know Steve Perry still is singing and has popped up at some shows with other bands recently. I know being a fan of the San Francisco Giants baseball team too he's been at games periodically. I've heard and seen so many posts about this with Journey now so it'll be interesting what happens.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."