Page 9 of 86 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    In addition, this is a lifetime contribution to US culture, and while Bernie has been back for two years, in 44 years of Eagles history, Bernie was a band member for about 8 of them. Felder's number of years with the band would make a good argument for him, but his seriously acrimonious book that concentrated on the Hell that was the Eagles (in his eyes) would remove him from the committee's consideration on it, in my opinion. I can't imagine they would ever consider inducting someone as part of a band who went to such an effort to vilify the very band they are inducting.
    Excellent point, VA! I hadn't thought about the exclusion of the formers in terms of longevity but rather as contributions. Neither did I consider the fact the Felder has been so negatively outspoken thru the years. I'm sure both of those issues factor in when making the decision. I'll be interested to see if Randy and Bernie get any honorable mention from any of the guys in their acceptance remarks (but I can't imagine any of them uttering that other name). We just have to wait and see.

As a footnote, Bruce and I were discussing this over coffee this morning and another name that came up as a possibility to honor them is Stevie Nicks, whether she performs or just makes some remarks. But I'll say this...in the past I've thought some of the performers were head-scratchers so this is going to be very interesting.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Out on the Border

That is very unfortunate.

I think the only time that Bernie, Randy and Don F get mention is during the small package that's before the artist who are honoring them because you can't leave Bernie or Randy out of that when it comes to how they started and who was in the band in the beginning. So I think that's probably the only time the former members will be mention.

Oh Cyndi. The guys don't do a speech. They might do one at the dinner with Secretary of State and The President, but not tape version.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-16-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Shun, I know we won't hear any remarks from them during the show but there are plenty of articles after the fact covering all of the events that encompass the week. Someone always manages to get statements, comments and speeches into print.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, it's certainly all very exciting for them and for us and I'm looking forward to the telecast. I hope all the wives are able to go and be a part of this great honor.

The first name that popped in to my head for the speaker was JD Souther. Jackson Browne is also a very likely candidate, but who knows!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

It would be cool if Bernie or Randy are mentioned, in any shape or form. I know too little about the event to say much else.

I also think that Stevie Nicks would be a good choice to participate in the honoring.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

What a honor for them! Well-deserved!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Shun's comment about "*If Don or the other guys are asked back to pay tribute to another artist" is why I thought of that. You ladies are probably right, but hey, I can dream, can't I?
    I meant if they are asked back down the road. I was watching a few of the Kennedy Center Honors special and their were a lot of artists that keep coming back to pay tribute. You never know. They could be back a year or two honoring someone else.

Banned

Well if the current Eagles can't perform maybe Bernie, Randy, Felder, Souther, Browne, Joe Vitale, Paul Carrack and Jack Tempchin can own the stage for a track or two. It's a Pity Linda's retired.

Isn't that One Direction kid a big Eagles fan?

Steve Martin?
    Richard Marx?

Stevie Nicks' attachment to the Eagles is probably a bit too personal isn't It?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Well if the current Eagles can't perform maybe Bernie, Randy, Felder, Souther, Browne, Joe Vitale, Paul Carrack and Jack Tempchin can own the stage for a track or two. It's a Pity Linda's retired.

Isn't that One Direction kid a big Eagles fan?

Steve Martin?
    Richard Marx?

Stevie Nicks' attachment to the Eagles is probably a bit too personal isn't It?
    Actually, F50, there are at least two One Direction kids who are really big Eagles fans, and I have wondered... Not only would they likely love to do such a thing, it would make for a great show. However, they're British and so I'm not sure they'd be chosen over a slew of other candidates. I do think we are more likely to see younger acts (if not as young as One Direction) who were greatly influenced by the Eagles than contemporaries, but I may be wrong.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.