Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: KISS

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: KISS

Paul just posted this old picture on his Twitter page. Any Eagles influence there? https://twitter.com/PaulStanleyLive/...324618752?s=09

lol! Looks like it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

coming to ICT July

Tickets go on sale next week.

We are so there

look up their video to Forever

no makeup no stage, just 4 guys playing and singing and pretty good I should add

We are going to see them in July

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    look up their video to Forever

no makeup no stage, just 4 guys playing and singing and pretty good I should add

We are going to see them in July
    Not even four, but three guys playing! Bruce played bass on that one. It has been said that Paul considered Gene too heavy-handed for his ballads. Having said that, according to Bruce he tried to play like Gene whenever he played bass!

Lookie, Gene opens his big mouth again.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/0...princes-death/

I personally take offense at this quote:

“Bowie was the most tragic of all because it was real sickness. All the other ones were a choice,” Simmons said. “Drugs killed [Prince]. What do you think, he died from a cold?”
    I'm sorry, but I don't think Glenn, for example, died of a drug overdose or drug related illness. Scott Weiland yes, Lemmy Kilmister maybe (or alcohol abuse), but he's lumped all of the celebrity recent deaths together outside of Bowie. Glenn Frey died of pneumonia due to a low immune system because of his RA meds. Merle Haggard died of pneumonia. Maurice White died in his sleep of Parkinson's. Paul Kantner died of sepsis. On and on. David Bowie did die of cancer. Keith Emerson committed suicide.

I thought it was rather rude of Simmons. Not just for lumping everyone together saying it was because of drugs, but also for being so heartless about Prince's death too, so soon after.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 05-10-2016 at 10:42 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Gene is an asshole always has been. that quote comes off as so uncaring and heartless, if only he understood that addiction is a serious disease.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Lookie, Gene opens his big mouth again.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/0...princes-death/

I personally take offense at this quote:

I'm sorry, but I don't think Glenn, for example, died of a drug overdose or drug related illness. Scott Weiland yes, Lemmy Kilmister maybe (or alcohol abuse), but he's lumped all of the celebrity recent deaths together outside of Bowie. Glenn Frey died of pneumonia due to a low immune system because of his RA meds. Merle Haggard died of pneumonia. Maurice White died in his sleep of Parkinson's. Paul Kantner died of sepsis. On and on. David Bowie did die of cancer.

I thought it was rather rude of Simmons. Not just for lumping everyone together saying it was because of drugs, but also for being so heartless about Prince's death too, so soon after.

The only 'choice' if you want to be insensitive enough to view it like that, was Keith Emerson who committed suicide. We don't yet know what killed Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The only 'choice' if you want to be insensitive enough to view it like that, was Keith Emerson who committed suicide. We don't yet know what killed Prince.
    Absolutely.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Here's Gene's apology. It's from his Twitter page: http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/downl...0897&mode=view

Gene is a good person, but sometimes I wish he'd just shut up about some things in public. IMO he's a bit like "I say the ugly truth out loud, which no one else has the guts to say because of political correctness." And it's well known that Gene loves to say things that shock and irritate. But he should bring at least one extra color into his black and white thinking about some issues.

Now Gene's wife has slammed Paul Stanley on her Twitter page for slamming Gene on his Twitter page. It's hilarious. Shannon doesn't think that Gene was right, but she feels that Paul was pointing at him and throwing him under the bus, which, according to her, friends and especially partners of 40 years don't do.

It's been pointed out many times on the KISSFAQ forum that Gene is very selective about who he criticizes about drugs. His wife was a drug user at some point. KISS's manager of 20 years, so I've heard, even imported/sold drugs at some point. But that seems to be fine with Gene. But it's probably pointless to say this because, as has been pointed out above, Gene was soooo wrong when he said the other deaths were drug related.

I love Gene, but sometimes I wish he kept his mouth shut.