Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

I wish there would be a Mad Men reunion I'd love to see the cast again .. One of my all time favorite shows so well scripted -- ok a little weird at times lol! - and the music was so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Don't know if anyone has been watching the new show "Feud" but it has been amazing!!! Ryan Murphy's made another great show for FX and season one is about the feud between Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange have been amazing as Bette & Joan, and I love the costumes and the rest of the cast. The season finale is on Sunday but it's already been renewed for a 2nd season which will depict the marriage of Prince Charles and Princess Diana.
    I caught part of this the other night and I can't believe I've been missing this!! I'm now going to have to play catch-up with On-Demand. I didn't know Joan Crawford was originally going to play Olivia de Havilland's role in "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte." Fascinating stuff.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I caught part of this the other night and I can't believe I've been missing this!! I'm now going to have to play catch-up with On-Demand. I didn't know Joan Crawford was originally going to play Olivia de Havilland's role in "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte." Fascinating stuff.
    I had no idea about that too and they shot most of the movie with Joan so that had to be weird reshooting it all with Olivia. It's been so good.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Nothing really new, but I really enjoy watching ESPN's "30 for 30" sports documentary series. It does a really good job on explaining events that I never even knew about. "Benji" and "Without Bias" are sad, since they tell the stories of basketball players that could possibly have been NBA stars but their dreams were left unfulfilled due to tragedy. "One and Not Done" is the most recent one about John Calipari from the University of Kentucky, and it's about his rise as an NCAA coach who pushes his players to leave college to make big money in an NBA contract.

Also, there was one about Foxcatcher, and I learned that I actually went to school with one of the sons of the wrestlers that John DuPont sponsored. I was like, 'the dude that's being interviewed has the same last name, he wrestles, and he looks familiar - just like his son that I used to know.' This doc was better than the movie with Steve Carell.

I can't wait to watch the Celtics vs Lakers one in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    OMG, I LOVED Badfinger and that song back in the day! I didn't know this! I don't know their story either! Must look it up!

Thanks for the tidbit, WF!

ETA: I'm sad that This Is Us, Vikings, and The Blacklist is on break now too! Can't find much to watch except HGTV. There's usually something of interest there for me.
    Just bought the boxset of Vikings for a Ragnar/Athelstan fix.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...is-fimmel.html

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm really sad and disappointed right now with "Once Upon a Time" with finding out that not only is the main actress Jennifer Morrison leaving but 5 of the other 9 series regulars are leaving after this current season as well. ABC needs to do the smart thing and just cancel it. I can't see it going on for a 7th season without Jennifer's Emma, which the whole show was built around and even keeping Colin O'Donoghue, who now plays her husband. It just doesn't make sense as so many of us watched it knowing it was her story and this 7th season is confirmed as a reboot with new characters and a new story being added. I just know I'll never count season 7 as a season or watch it if it happens, and even if ABC and the writers make it I doubt it'll even last beyond it as majority of us aren't going to watch. I wish they would've planned ahead to make this the final season so we all could've had it ended the way we wanted and should've had.

What made it worse was that Jennifer, the writers, and ABC announced her leaving the day after her character got married and I loved that episode and the musical as the cast is so musically talented.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    Just bought the boxset of Vikings for a Ragnar/Athelstan fix.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...is-fimmel.html
    Oh my gosh! That's so cool to see the video of the Viking hombres as regular joes all sitting together on a couch. I haven't seen Versailles but look forward to reading your blog entry over my lunch hour.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    OMG, I LOVED Badfinger and that song back in the day! I didn't know this! I don't know their story either! Must look it up!
    Dredging up this old comment because I found the BBC Wales short documentary on the band on youtube. It this doesn't work for you, there are a few other copies.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehOycK2eK0U

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thank you UtW! I'm watching it right now!

ETA: What a sad story. I've always loved some of their songs.
    Last edited by Brooke; 05-09-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Broeoke View Post
    Thank you UtW! I'm watching zeta clear I bought here yesterday.

ETA: What a sad story. I've always loved some of their songs.
    I thought the first couple of episodes of American Gods on Amazon was pretty good.
    Last edited by Dudding; 10-16-2017 at 03:20 AM.