Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Miller Band

Out on the Border

Default Steve Miller Band

as much as I love the eagles, i gotta say that these guys are right up there. one of my dreams would be to see them live, but i just checked out their live dvd "live from chicago" and its pretty cool

lots of bonus footage, classics like "fly like an eagle," and "take the money and run."

any fans out there? have you checked out the dvd?

www.stevemillerband.com
    www.myspace.com/stevemillerband

john umgd

Stuck on the Border

I was a fan of Steve Miller back in the 70s and I have the Greatest Hits on my iPod. My favourites are Fly Like An Eagle & The Joker. I don't think they ever came out here (neither has Bob Seger, to my disappointment).

Stuck on the Border

Love the Steve Miller Band! He gets a lot of airplay here and has performed here often since he's a hometown boy! Born in Milwaukee and attended college in Madison, Wisconsin.

Did you know his godfather is Les Paul? Les Paul is from Waukesha, WI (near Milwaukee) and the Millers and the Pauls were friends from what I have always read.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm a Steve Miller band fan, too. I just happened to catch some of this show on our local pbs station last week. It was great.

As a matter of fact, The Joker is me and hubby's "our song"! It seemed to always be playing on his '67 Chevelle SS' radio back in the day.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I like the Steve Miller band too. Good solid rock.

I am also a fan. We saw the Steve Miller Band last year when they came to Birmingham's annual summer music fest, City Stages, and they rocked.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Add me to the list of Steve Miller fans. Love 'The Joker' of course but also a big fan of 'Abracadabra'. Would love to see the band play.

I don't know much about Steve Miller, although what I've heard I've liked. There is a song on Paul McCartney's 1997 album, "Flaming Pie", that features a duet with Steve Miller. It's a blues song called "I Used To Be Bad", and as far as I know, the featured guitar solo was done by Steve, and I'm mad about it.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Default Steve Miller Band

I'm also a SMB fan. Keep On Rocking Me Baby is one of my favorites. It's kind of in a tie with The Joker. But when me and the little one are singing songs together that aren't Eagles, Rocking is one of the ones she likes to sing best.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

That is a very cool song, Becky. I was trying to remember yesterday when I posted about this subject, what the song was that I liked so much, and just couldn't get to its title. Thanks for putting me out of my misery!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down