Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn's "After Hours" website is gone

Default Glenn's "After Hours" website is gone

I was looking for Glenn's old After Hours website and I was redirected to glennfrey.com (when was that URL purchased? long overdue) which is nothing but the page announcing his death that the Eagles site put up. It's too bad; while obviously there's no more need to promote the album anymore, there were a lot of nice photos and videos on there.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Glenn's "After Hours" website is gone

That's a shame...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very sad!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Awww, that is very disappointing. It is my most favorite album of his. I just love it and am so thankful we have it.

The Good Life

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QCfik9eQJOQ

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Maybe I can do something about those pics, at least, for Glenn on the anniversary of his death.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm so sorry to hear that too. Its like another aspect of him is gone. I guess there just wasn't the commercial demand for it. Many of us also have pics that we took of him on the AH tours and many of us downloaded the pics off the AH site. Maybe we could develop a full AH resource. I'd also like to pick up another hard copy of the album before it too becomes obsolete
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Maybe I can do something about those pics, at least, for Glenn on the anniversary of his death.
    Thank heavens for GFO (and EOC) because otherwise there is NOTHING ELSE. It's that simple. I should not bring this up, because others have done so elsewhere, but if you go to eagles.com (NB: No longer eaglesband.com) all you get are the dates which take you to the announcement. NB: I've just realised that I've repeated what Soda said above, but in reverse order.

To quote Genesis, it's just a shame, that's all.
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-18-2018 at 05:29 PM.

I enjoyed the After Hours page---why take it down? Hopefully they will further develop glennfrey.com. I want to say how much I appreciate Soda for adding After Hours and HOTE photos and info on the GFO site. All of EOC is such a joy for fans, an invaluable resource of info, and an incubator for creating new fans of the curious and the young. There is no better place that I know of for fans to learn of the band members individually and the Eagles' legacy. Thank you!

FP, I was watching HOTE at the same time as I typed this and did not see your post. Ditto!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I didn't know there was an After Hours page! And now it's gone! It's like he fades more from everyone's collective memory every time something like this happens (not from ours, but for the general public). I wonder why there is a glennfrey.com now, when there wasn't when he was alive, and what they're planning to do with it.

Thanks, soda, for all your hard work. I know my quest for all things Glenn and Eagles has been immeasurably enriched by your sites.

Thanks for the kind words about the site, guys. I feel like maintaining GFO and, to a lesser extent, EOC is one last thing I can do for Glenn.

Regarding glennfrey.com, there is one thing I think they will do with that URL: if they decide to release a new collection of his work, some special editions, or some other posthumous products like that, they will promote it there and we'll get a site built for that purpose. Otherwise, I am afraid it will remain nothing more than a death announcement.

The other reason to purchase the URL: to prevent anyone else from getting it (that's another reason why it was long overdue).