Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Oh they had Bernie talking about James Dean. Hmm This is going to be an interesting channel.

I'm really looking forward to radio shows from Don and Joe if I'm hearing this right. I always enjoy hearing Don's take on songs.
    It was cool hearing Bernie—it sounded like an old audio clip from his younger days.

So far, influences included the Beatles, Hank Williams and The Beach Boys.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Now Conway Twitty with his version of Heartache Tonight. My other favorite group, the Osmonds are singing background. The Osmonds has been playing that song in their setlist since the 70s.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

Thanks for the reminder and link, Shun! Listening right now and it's really good. Enjoying the little snippets of Bernie's interview.

Stuck on the Border

Shun - Many thanks for posting the preview and the link.

Joe doing his own radio show right now. I guess he will play and tell stories behind his songs, his favorite songs, and influences. This is going to be interesting.

I'm looking forward to Don being a guest DJ on the Eagles channel. He does a great job when he's a DJ.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-17-2017 at 06:38 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Get out! Joe never heard “Our House” by Madness until a month ago?

He’s so funny:
    “I had to learn to play the guitar. The alternative was to get a job.”

J.D., Jackson, Glenn and Don Henley were friends from way back “when they all lived in the same car.”

Joe talking how HC came together is the first time Felder’s name is mentioned (that I’ve heard, I may have missed some stuff earlier).

I must add that I love that some of Randy’s songs got played earlier, esp. one by The Poor (!) and it was great to hear Rick Nelson and Poco too.

ETA: Bernie brought Felder up when he was discussing Already Gone
    Last edited by Delilah; 11-18-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I had to laugh about playing ping pong while waiting and betting on games.

So Don wrote the lyrics to Hotel California in 5 days.

Joe bringing up Glenn about being a genius at arranger.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Here is what I heard in my first listen in the car this afternoon:

End of the Innocence
    Second that Emotion by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
    Certain Kind of Fool (!)
    TBS So In Love (!)
    Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band doing LITFL (very bad)

This channel is great!

They just did Johnny Cash's version of Desperado with Don singing background vocals.

Now Trying.

I'm so happy they are playing the Long Road Out of Eden album. Pandora barely plays this album and I Heart Radio doesn't have the album available to even listen to the album. I heard 4 songs from the album. They are playing Fast Company right now.