Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Stupid question of the day from me: so the 3rd disc is a dvd of a concert ? Will it play on a regular PC, laptop or computer? Do I need a blue ray to play it ? Thanks for the help.

So what exactly is the third CD? Is it just higher quality audio? I'm kind of disappointed if that's the case. I was holding out for some video

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

The 3rd disc is a high def Blu-Ray audio of the same recordings on the 1st CD. I would think you need a Blu-Ray compatible player to listen to it. Probably sounds great to those who have a home theatre setup.

The third cd is audio only (with 5.1 surround sound). If there was a dvd of the concert, that would make the sticker price more bearable.

As someone else pointed out there is a 2-Disc available, although it doesn’t include the extra goodies like the poster and family tree.

https://eagles.com/store/product/hot...ed-edition-2cd

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Delilah - Thank You. That is what I thought. I don't have surround sound so I guess it would not be worth buying the three disc set. I tend to find surround sound annoying but that's just me.

I think it's interesting that the second disc will show the band playing NKIT and HC live before the album came out. That should be very interesting to hear crowed reactions and such.

Border Desperado

19.98 for the 2 CD set isn't too bad at all. I think that's probably the route I will go.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'll be buying the 2 cd version as an early Christmas gift to myself. The $80 difference between the two is ridiculous!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I think it's interesting that the second disc will show the band playing NKIT and HC live before the album came out. That should be very interesting to hear crowed reactions and such.
    If you want to hear them doing NKIT before it came out you can hear the Eagles Live version.

If there is no extra video, I won't be buying it. I already have a 5.5 version of the original album.

The book with the black cover is a programme from that tour; I bought on Ebay years ago. It's mainly photos.

Stuck on the Border

Just MHO but it is crazy to sell the package for $100 that contains duplicate discs - even if one is high def. The HC Program and other things do not make it worth $100. If they really wanted to make it worth the money for the three discs, they could have included the FULL Capital Center Concert or a disc with other concert footage from that period.
    The second disc is really just a repeat of songs included on the Eagles Live album, which most people here probably already have. I am kind of disappointed with this as Don made such a big deal about it. To me it kind of sounds like it was thrown together in a hurry to get it out for Christmas.