Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3E Parties

Default 3E Parties

@New Kid: LOL on someone finally admitting to being at a 3rd Encore party. Heheh. If I'd ever been, I'd probably admit it, though. If they were like other after show parties I've heard about from reliable sources, it was mostly a bunch of people milling around, going from hotel room to hotel room, drinking a lot of beer and smoking pot. There were always people who came just because someone invited them. They'd have a beer and leave in a couple of hours, not much worse for wear. The stories are almost always better than the actual event. LOLOLOL. Although some are true.

Default 3E Parties

Can you imagine getting an invite to the 3rd encore and, seeing Glenn's gorgeous hair and smile up close and personal lol? Talk about a Kodak moment ...

Default Re: The One & Only

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Can you imagine getting an invite to the 3rd encore and, seeing that gorgeous hair and smile up close and personal lol? Talk about a Kodak moment ...
    I'd be hard pressed to keep my hands to myself for any length of time.

Stuck on the Border

Don't you think it is amazing that after all these years no one has come forward to tell about their "experience" at a 3rd encore party? That's why I was so shocked when the person made the comment on you tube about having been to one. When people started bombarding her with questions, she never responded. Boy, I would have loved to have been there or at least a fly on the wall for one of those parties !

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Don't you think it is amazing that after all these years no one has come forward to tell about their "experience" at a 3rd encore party? That's why I was so shocked when the person made the comment on you tube about having been to one. When people started bombarding her with questions, she never responded. Boy, I would have loved to have been there or at least a fly on the wall for one of those parties !
    I've been curious about this myself. I've wondered if Irving had the girls sign a confidentiality agreement or something on their way out the door, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I've been curious about this myself. I've wondered if Irving had the girls sign a confidentiality agreement or something on their way out the door, lol.

LOLOL. It makes you wonder. I've always said there were two -- and only two -- musicians who could have made me consider becoming their groupie, had I been old enough at the time. One is John Taylor, bassist for Duran Duran. (I only missed being old enough for him by about 3 years. LOL.) The other, of course, is Sugar. And that's it. For Glenn or JT, I'd have given it up in a heartbeat. Assuming I didn't chicken out, which is also possible. Hehehe.

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - Lol. I used to go to concerts back then with some friends who would not have given a second thought about going. I on the other hand would have been so nervous worried if my parent had found out - lol. In the end, I would have gone and probably just sat there with a beer in my hand to look good( I did not drink then) and maybe a couple of puffs from a jay -lol.

LOLOL. I couldn't afford to go to concerts, and if I had, like you, I'd have been totally nervous. Yeah, held a beer (cause I hate beer, and have a bad reaction to alcohol anyway. Makes me look like I'm sunburned), and let the jay pass on by. Looked around, smiled and nodded a lot. Although, I did manage to carry on an intelligent conversation with Tim McGraw when I got to interview him, many years ago. And he was soooo sexy! So I might have been able to come up with something reasonably normal to say.

But if I'd gotten one of "those" grins from Sugar (you know the ones I mean), I'd have probably hit the floor in a dead faint. Snork.

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - Lol - you sound like you are my kind of girl and would have been someone who would have been great to hang with and have as a friend. Except for stadium/arena concerts, I used to go the cheap route with lawn seats which cost like $5 bucks. There is an outdoor arena here in NJ now called the PNC Arts Center(used to be called The Garden State Arts Center, which most people still call it) that offers a covered area and than a large lawn area. I always went for the cheap lawn seats and saw quite a few great acts such as JT(numerous times), Harry Chapin, Jackson Browne, Paul Simon etc.

Thanks, New Kid! I appreciate that! I feel the same way!

Well, in North Alabama, we didn't get too many of the big acts, except occasionally in Huntsville. I don't think the Eagles played there ever, although I'm pretty sure they played Birmingham at some point, which is about 80 miles south. The closest most of the big acts come is Atlanta (and who wants to drive four hours for that hot mess?), or maybe Nashville, which is about two hours north, and an easy drive. My BIG rock concert was to see Rick Springfield. LOL. I walked on air for weeks.

When I started working for the newspaper, it was not terribly difficult to get media passes, in exchange for a concert review. So I saw a good many country acts for free. All I had to do was cobble together a review and I'd done my part. The interview with Tim McGraw was just happenstance. It was the summer before he really hit it big, and I found his manager, showed her my press ID card, and asked if I could have 15 minutes with him. He was really nice and gracious. I admit, when he walked into the room, I did get a little dry-mouthed. It was after his show and he'd changed into a pair of cut-off blue jean shorts, and mercy....

So anyway, that's my brush with fame. LOLOLOL.