Page 58 of 140 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Hope you're feeling better now Soda.

My summer has been very chaotic. It started out beautifully, weather was great, air was clear. Now all we have is horrible air quality due to all the fires in the state of MT. It's been this way since July!

Couple of bright spots. Our daughter got married on August 19th. And just for that day we had clear blue skies. It truly was a miracle, because a fire was burning across the lake from us, but the wind shifted in our favor. Beautiful day and fun was had by all.
    Secondly, on August 2nd my son received a very needed jaw surgery to hopefully stop his migraines that he has suffered with all his life. He is recovering well and is back in College, his last semester. Unless of course he does a Masters program. The College has been having trouble getting much needed software because of the software Co.'s are based in Houston. It will all work out.
    So, we have fires raging, Houston has water and now Florida is due to be hit by a hurricane. My brother lives in FL! Ugh, when will this horrid weather end? So on that note, I pray for all the folks and animals suffering through all these natural disasters. You know the saying; You Don't F--- With Mother Nature.
    To All, Be Safe and have a lovely rest of your summer. Peace Out.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Glad the school year seems to be going well for everyone!

DJ, hope it all calms down for you and the fires clear up - congrats to your daughter and best wishes for long-term success on your son's surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    Soda, I'm sorry to hear about your recent health scare. Was it from stress or the school year starting, if you don't mind me asking? You sure did have a wild week with the weather and conventions too. I don't know exactly where you're located, and you don't have to say anything. But is Hurricane Irma going to affect where you live, like Harvey, I presume, did?
    Nah, I don't get triggered by stress like that, thank God, or I'd be in bad shape! However, if I get intensely upset - the kind where you're sobbing and gasping for breath and your temples are throbbing and you're red as a beat and all that - well, I should probably get myself a glass of water.

Harvey was indirectly responsible for my seizure, though! Because I used to live in Houston, my neurologist is located there. I needed her to OK a prescription renewal, but her office was closed for several days. I took meds from my "emergency stash" in the interim. The only problem was that the pills in my emergency stash hadn't been replenished in over a year. I found out the hard way that Lamictal that's over a year old doesn't work very well.

Irma is coming my way, but it's been downgraded. We don't expect anything too terrible by the time it gets where I am.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Soda - So glad you are better and things have calmed down somewhat for you. Did you enjoy the book fest ? I have thought of going to one. I must be the only person who watches "Book TV" on CSpan.
    DJ - I am so glad you were able to have a wonderful day for your daughters wedding. Those fires are scary.
    TLR - Good luck at your new job. It's normal to be nervous.
    Brooke & NMB - Happy to hear your Mom's are adjusting. My Mom was in a care home too. She always had a stash of goodies for my nieces and nephews when we took them to see grandma from her bingo winnings.
    This weather has just been crazy and the hurricane season does not end until November 15th.

Been 4 weeks since I arrived at College and I love it.

Got a 2017 Gibson Les Paul 50s Tribute Goldtop

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Hey guys
    I have been absent
    We moved three times since ju e 15 house sold in 4 days
    Fi ally un new house unpacking is going slowly ?.....
    Hope all are well.and safe
    Tt

Soda; Glad you are doing better now. Funny how some outdated medication gains strength and others lose it. My brother and family live in FL. They weren't affected to badly by Irma. A couple days with no power, which meant food loss, but they are native Montanan's so they knew how to prepare.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Sorry I haven't checked in in a while. Some of you may know my father died on Tuesday afternoon so it's been pretty intense.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Lisa - you & your family are in my thoughts & prayers during this sad, difficult time. As I said in my message to you, you have many friends around the world who are keeping you in their prayers. Let the wonderful memories of your dad comfort you.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Sorry I haven't checked in in a while. Some of you may know my father died on Tuesday afternoon so it's been pretty intense.
    GA, my heart goes out to you at this sad time.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

GA, I'm sorry for your loss. He may not be physically here, but he'll always be there in your memories, especially the good and humorous times.