Page 169 of 195 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Meerstern View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new here

As I have recently rediscovered The Eagles I was googling on them looking for news an information...until I ended up on this http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/20...ions-from.html and I was, rather indeed I AM like this
    Cannot find appropriate words to comment but creepy.
    I always liked Don and I already had read the story of that night but this advancement of the question just leaves me shocked.
    Where did you read up about that night? I don’t know much about it and would like to learn more. That article seems heavily biased and the tone isn’t good so I don’t trust it

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Where did you read up about that night? I don’t know much about it and would like to learn more. That article seems heavily biased and the tone isn’t good so I don’t trust it
    Google “Don Henley and underage girls.” It’s a fairly well-known incident. Henley has claimed he was set up. It led to his writing “Dirty Laundry.”

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Out on the Border

I saw the first link that Meerstern posted weeks ago online, but didn't post it because technically its old news that's popping up because with everything that's going on in the news. Plus with this not really circulating around the internet(which is good because they would had definitely picked up on it by now), I didn't post it. Some things I just don't post especially when it happened 37 years ago and we knew about it.

Its different if it was a secret and it never came out until now, but it did came out 37 years ago. Don was arrested and fined for it.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-27-2017 at 02:17 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Out on the Border

I have posted it because it seems that for Don there is legal troubles in sight next year.
    (I wonder why exactly next year and not now or three years ago, anyway).

OT: I can't put a picture as avatar, the upload fails everytime. Already did three attempts with two different browsers but it just doesn't work even having resized the pic

I don't know what to think about this but 2018 is right around the corner ... so I guess we will find out more details shortly

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

That is certainly old news. Don claimed he did not give the girl the drugs and did not know how old she was. It was a party for Eagles roadies. I have never read/heard anything about the second girl. When this happened, it was all over the news - tv and newspapers.

Question - Did I miss something ? What legal troubles will Don have next year ?

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    That is certainly old news. Don claimed he did not give the girl the drugs and did not know how old she was. It was a party for Eagles roadies. I have never read/heard anything about the second girl. When this happened, it was all over the news - tv and newspapers.

Question - Did I miss something ? What legal troubles will Don have next year ?
    I have no clue. I am rereading.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Meerstern View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new here

As I have recently rediscovered The Eagles I was googling on them looking for news and informations...until I ended up on this http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/20...ions-from.html and I was, rather indeed I AM like this
    Cannot find appropriate words to comment but creepy.
    I always liked Don and I already had read the story of that night but this advancement of the question just leaves me shocked.
    I just came across this too! As soon as I read the first paragraph I knew it was Don. If it's all true, man oh man dirty laundry indeed.

Stuck on the Border

A couple of thoughts:

1) If there is new evidence that could lead to a successful prosecution, why leak the details to a gossip site in advance?

2) It's quite easy to build a conspiracy story around information that has been around for a long time - it accounts for many films and books. Just because part of the story matches with what we've already read, doesn't guarantee that the rest is true.

I don't have a particular wish to defend Mr Henley, but I'm taking this with a large dose of salt.