Page 157 of 195 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Just a reminder. Don will be on CBS This Morning tomorrow. He will for real this time. His name is in my guide.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-07-2016 at 11:39 PM.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I went to record it to my DVR and it was already set to go. I forgot I programmed it to record anything he's on. Lol.

Anxiously waiting for Don. Announcements at bottom of screen states: Coming up: Don Henley on the Legacy of the Eagles".

I saw online that he'll be on around 8:40.

I watched the Don segment on CBS This Morning, and it was really good. He seemed relaxed and easy-going. Gayle King interviewed him (getting a bit familiar with him as she had her arm around his walking through the woods).

The best part for me was when she asked him about each member (thank you, Gayle!).

Bernie: I missed part of this-bummer! But i believe he was complimentary, saying something about Bernie not caring about fame or fortune.

Randy: "very sensitive guy", "very talented" "a farm boy like me", "only guy who could sing that high"

Don F: "incredible guitar player", "one of the best in the business"

Joe: "again, another amazing guitar player", "very funny guy, he brought a lot of good humor", "he was sort of the wild card"

Glenn: "very dynamic individual", "we understood each other"

For me, it was very gratifying to hear his comments about Randy. I've never before read about or heard him ever complimenting Randy. I was also glad to hear him speak positively about Don F, esp since some believe Don F was nothing more than a better-than-average session player. Don H himself said Felder was one of the best. There's supposed to be an extended interview on podcast.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

The interview was great!!! Gayle King did a great job and loved Charlie Rose and Nora O'Donnell talking about how she got Don to smile which was a good sign. LOL They talked about so much, it was funny and emotional at times, and apparently there is an extended version of the interview that will be going on online, the app, and in the CBS news podcast. I was surprised to that Gayle took time to have Don say what he thought about each member including Bernie, Randy, and Felder. It was really nice though I do think they cut the part about him talking about Timothy which might be in the extended version. That segment lead into Don talking about Glenn and his passing.

They also showed clips of Kings of Leon and Vince Gill performing "Take it Easy" and "PEF" at the Kennedy Center Honors and previewing the show we'll see on CBS the 27th. I'm even more excited to watch it.

ETA: Delilah, Don also said Bernie "was a good musician".
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Yes, Buffyfan, those clips from the KCH performance were great! I thought Don's expression was a bit stoned-faced when Vince Gill was singing PEF, but of course that was just for a moment or two.

I thought it was a bit sad and surprising when he said he and Glenn were not around each other that much over the past several years, esp. given that they toured quite a bit during that time. Yet he still misses Glenn "just being in the world" or something like that.

I was surprised about Timothy being omitted, but you're probably right that it's in the extended interview.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Yes, Buffyfan, those clips from the KCH performance were great! I thought Don's expression was a bit stoned-faced when Vince Gill was singing PEF, but of course that was just for a moment or two.

I thought it was a bit sad and surprising when he said he and Glenn were not around each other that much over the past several years, esp. given that they toured quite a bit during that time. Yet he still misses Glenn "just being in the world" or something like that.

I was surprised about Timothy being omitted, but you're probably right that it's in the extended interview.
    I'm actually not surprised him and Glenn weren't around each other much. Don lives in Texas while Glenn was in CA and later in NYC. The other guys were in CA too. They were all scattered around the US. They probably only saw each other on the road.

I think they would all wanted to get away from each other after being on the road for months at a time. A little break from each other. I always loved that story Timothy told about Glenn about to get off the plane. Turns around and tells everybody, "Enjoy your time without me." Enjoy the 10 days away from each other or something like that. I think its good because the tension wouldn't be as bad as it was in the 70s.