Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Professional News

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Irving Azoff and/or Ticketmaster News

I agree Keith is doing nothing that MOST other artists and Ticketmaster aren't doing, including the Eagles. I, like Brooke, also get totally upset with myself when I think about how much money I spent last year for those concerts we went to but yet I paid it and now I gripe about it. Yes I LOVED the shows but I feel no fan should have to spend that kind of money to see them. I for one have vowed never to do it again! I will not pay that kind of money again. I have seen several concerts since (a couple I'm happy to report I didn't have to deal with Ticketmaster on) but not one of the prices of a ticket compared to what I paid for 4 Eagles tickets. In fact, I can probably honestly say all the tickets I have bought this year didn't add up to the total of those 4 tickets. I have been on Ticketmaster for weeks now trying to pull up decent seats for the Jonny Lang concert on Saturday night at $49 or $39 a piece they seem to be a bargain---till you add in the $8.50 a piece service fee and another $2.00 to print them out on my own paper using my own ink. Ridiculous!! It just makes me sick! But yet I keep dealing with Ticketmaster because I want to see these shows and they have to market on the tickets. What's a fan to do other than not attend concerts that deal with Ticketmaster. I'm trying desperately to do that as much as possible.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

That makes me sad to hear about Keith...he certainly seemed sincere! But maybe he didn't know, or maybe he did. Anyway, I know I hadn't been able to get tix to his tour this past summer (from TM). I have alway refused to pay more than face value for ANYBODY, and so I don't go through the secondary market. It's bad enough once you buy the ticket and the fees, especially if you go for the good seats, which I admit I'm getting spoiled enough to do in the vast majority of cases.

Case in point about the ridiculousness of the TM fees (piggy-backing onto Willie's post)-- My undergrad alma mater Cornell is going to be playing hockey at Madison Square Garden against Boston University (both are traditional hockey powerhouses as well as longtime rivals) late in November. True to form, I waited too long to buy tix from the university, and so had to buy from...horrors... Ticketmaster. Although the tix are in the 4th tier nosebleed (almost sold-out a month ahead of time) and only $25 pp, the TM fees were $6.25 pp, which really got my goat...since we had 9 people going! Rrrrr! Oh well, I'm sure we'll get over it... They had the same match-up two years ago, and the Garden was literally packed with a sea of red (both schools), but I bet it was 75% Cornell fans from the looks and especially sounds of it! Although we handily lost then, I'm sure we are out to avenge that loss this year! With the famous cheer of the Big Red (no offense to any alums of the other sides): "Screw BU... And Harvard too!"
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Keith Urban is not alone in this, I know, but when he brags about lowering ticket prices to $20 because "people are hurting" while simultaneously approving measures that ensure "out of almost 15,000 tickets at his 'Escape Together' show in Nashville, there were really only 389 tickets available to the public for $20" he comes across as an insincere hypocrite.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I take Huge offense to that comment. Keith doesn't seem like the type to be insincere or a hypocrite.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Hey--give him a break--maybe Nicole needed a new pair of shoes!

I choose to believe that Ticketmaster is one of the biggest problems!!! Waaaay back in the olden days (70s/80s) you used to be able to call, get a real person and pick the seat/section you wanted. If it was available you got it WITHOUT extra fees that matched the $$ you are spending on the seat.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    I take Huge offense to that comment. Keith doesn't seem like the type to be insincere or a hypocrite.
    Well, it's my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Sorry you take such Huge offense despite the fact my opinion on Keith Urban has nothing to do with you. Unless you guys are related or something?

No, I am a big fan though. Keith just doesn't come off as the type of guy who would screw over his fans.

Bob Lefsetz posted this today:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lefsetz
    And Irving says he's got the technology and the willingness to show exactly what tickets are on sale for a gig, and will soon have the ability to auction them off/variable price them like airline tickets.
    What do you guys think this will mean for us?

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Higher prices still...

How about just kickin' old school. Release ALL the tickets and give them a realistic price and sell them... they'd still be making a fortune.

Low bidder.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.