Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Professional News

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Irving Azoff News

Mmmmm! I think Glenn had the interior of his house featured in a magazine a few years ago, when his kids were a lot younger. It looked divine.

There is some information on a previous thread. I think here
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1017
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Mmmmm! I think Glenn had the interior of his house featured in a magazine a few years ago, when his kids were a lot younger. It looked divine.
    He'll have to have an article done featuring his new house. I'm sure that it would be just as tastefully decorated .

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I know this is an old thread but I just had to show you all what one of the new threads over the weekend is from my Sweet board. It's titled "Ticketmaster Con" and the first post in it is this...

"WHAT A CON! Ticketmaster now lets you print out your own tickets. Fair enough... BUT THEY CHARGE YOU. They charge me to use my own ink - AND YOU HAVE TO PRINT A WHOLE SHEET OF A4 for EACH TICKET. AND IT'S COLOUR, my own electricity, my own printer. THEY SHOULD PAY ME! I'VE EVEN SAVED THEM THE PRICE OF POSTAGE!!! As you will know my friends I very rarely have an opinion about anything much, but on this issue I am prepared to make a stand. COME THE REVOLUTION....."

Now mind you, this is in the UK.

We aren't the only ones disgusted here.

He sings it high, he plays it low

Ugh, yes, I hate that fee. It makes no sense. Just another way that TM gouges fans, knowing they have nowhere else to turn unless they want to walk up to the box office or go to a broker.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

An expose on Ticketmaster and Keith Urban (Sorry Keith Urban fans). I'm thinking maybe I should rename the thread Irving Azoff / Ticketmaster news.

Anyway, here is an investigative report by News Channel 5, which I found via Bob Lefsetz's blog.

False Hopes Fuel Keith Urban's Ticket Frenzy

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Irving Azoff and/or Ticketmaster News

Disgraceful! Something needs to be done about this kind of crap and it can't happen too soon for me!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

This just makes me sick and makes me wonder just how many other artists are doing the same thing. I bet it's pretty wide spread. And I know it's inevitable that someone is saying maybe Keith didn't know. Granted, he might not have but these artist need to make sure that they are hiring people that will look out for their fans and not there bulging wallets. If only I had a dollar for every time I've said this, I would be able to buy an Eagles ticket... Without your fans, you have NOTHING!!!! We are the ones that buy anything with your name on it so thank us by giving us affordable tickets! Yeah right!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I seriously do not understand how this is going on. When a show goes on sale, how is it legal to “hold” or “pull out” the best tickets? Then sell them, or “resell” them at a premium? I’m sorry, but I just do not understand how they stringmasters have been able to find enough loopholes to keep this legal. It’s terrible!

Hardcore fans know that if you hold out and wait to the last minute, many tickets get released at face value, for great seats. Thus the reason I and others have been lucky enough to get first five rows w/out paying outrageous prices. However, the average everyday fan may not know this and pay money they don’t really have, just so they can see an artist they love.

First off, ticket prices are WAY too high to start with… then add in all the other “legal” garbage that goes on, it’s ridiculous what shows cost. I remember when concert tickets were $19-$39 dollars...and I’m not all that old! Granted, I get inflation, but seriously, anything over $100 is crazy. Seeing as how most shows are only 90 mins or less, this is approx $1 a minute. I have to stop, it pains me to discuss this more at this time.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This is ridiculous and it doesn't surprise me one bit. And I bet most other acts touring out there are doing the same things.

I'm a huge Keith fan, but have only been to one show which I bought at the last minute for face value ($100 I think) over a year ago. I just can't afford these prices much as I love their music.

I still feel guilty when I think of spending $800 a piece for 2 5- star tickets to see the Eagles last fall, but I did save for it specifically. Talk about inflated prices?! Do you really think what Keith has done is worse? We just don't know everything yet.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Honestly, I don't think that what Keith did is any better or worse than any other act, including the Eagles. Keith said there were cheap tix and there were, just not the whole venue. All these acts know what's up. They know how much their tix go for and they know very well that the best seats are held back and sold at scalper prices. They in turn reap the performance profits. I get that this is musicians have a job and they need to pay for it and their road crew... but c'mon, think of the money that just one show and one arena brings in. Ugh, I get so mad when I think about it, I can't even type my thoughts in a clear fashion to get me point across.