Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sept 23

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I can report that they made it to the airport on time and are now headed to Nashville and Timothy.

..good to hear..

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

That's great they made it!!! I agree about the statue it does look better in bronze. Also noticed the two statues bookend the park which is great.
    Last edited by buffyfan145; 09-24-2016 at 08:50 PM.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Glad they made it!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

I was just doing some research to see if thr original articles announcing the commissioning of the statue actually said that the statue was of Glenn or just a tribute to him. I came upon this article with an update made to it: http://www.route66news.com/2016/09/0...tatue-sept-23/

Hall said the foundation received clearance from Frey’s estate before having the artist begin the statue. UPDATE 9/8/2016: Devine said in an email Hall is incorrect and the foundation hasn’t received approval from the Frey estate. So the statue will be a tribute to Frey instead.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I was just doing some research to see if thr original articles announcing the commissioning of the statue actually said that the statue was of Glenn or just a tribute to him. I came upon this article with an update made to it: http://www.route66news.com/2016/09/0...tatue-sept-23/

...interesting..I hadn't thought about it, but it makes sense if you don't have the "ok" from the family, you can't really duplicate the likeness..

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I was going to post about this when I got time. This confirms what we were told yesterday. Since Glenn's family has not officially sanctioned the commissioning of the statue as of now, they've had to back down a little and say it was a tribute statue. But, it was originally intended to be a statue of Glenn though and was advertised as such. I will have to say that the finished statue is much better than the pictures we saw earlier, and, overall, both Soda and I were pleased with it.

I'll write a lot more later after things settle down.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well as far as I'm concerned its Glenn
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Well as far as I'm concerned its Glenn
    I agree, GA.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good grief, Soda and Dreamer! I'm so glad you got to see it after all and then made your flights in time! How stressful!

Can't wait to see pics!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I can't wait to see Soda and Dreamer's pics, either. Until then, here's one.
    Source: acarsondesign
    Attached Images Attached Images