Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An Evening With the Eagles @ KFC Yum! Center, Louisville KY, 10/24/17

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

Default An Evening With the Eagles @ KFC Yum! Center, Louisville KY, 10/24/17

Home from Louisville at 1:30 in the morning after finally having the opportunity to see the Eagles for the first time! Totally worth it, and they just keep proving why they're the greatest rock band to ever come from America. The setlist was as follows:

1. Seven Bridges Road
    2. Take It Easy (Deacon Frye)
    3. One of These Nights
    4. Take it to the Limit (Vince Gill)
    5. Tequila Sunrise (Vince Gill)
    6. Witchy Woman
    7. In The City
    8. I Can't Tell You Why
    9. Peaceful, Easy Feeling (Deacon Frye)
    10. Best of My Love
    11. Lyin' Eyes (Vince Gill)
    12. Love Will Keep Us Alive
    13. New Kid in Town (Vince Gill)
    14. Those Shoes
    15. Already Gone (Deacon Frye)
    16. Walk Away
    17. Heartache Tonight (Vince Gill)
    18. Life's Been Good
    19. Funk #49
    20. Life in the Fastlane

Encore #1
    21. Hotel California

Encore #2
    22. Rocky Mountain Way
    23. Desperado

I absolutely LOVED horns being used in Witchy Woman!! It really adds to a song that never struck me as missing anything. Horns were used for Funk #49 as well, and it just works. It crazy since it's such a guitar-heavy song, but the horn section is a great addition to a classic song.

I knew going in that they were closing with Desperado, which I'm not a fan of. I enjoy a concert ending on a high note, with a high energy song. Desperado works though. Henley is front and center while backed by the rest of the band and a string section. The entire place was singing along and it really just worked. I was pleasantly surprised.

Deacon Frye and Vince Gill were a great combination, swapping off on lead vocals. Gill is a star in his own right, and yet he seemed humbled to be playing with those guys.

I do wish they played "The Long Run", but with such a catalog of hits, I understand they can't hit them all.

Getting into and leaving the KFC Yum Center was an absolute nightmare. All sorts of construction in downtown Louisville, and that may be why the show started 15 minutes late. At 8:00, there were a ton of empty seats that managed to be full by 8:15-8:20.

Again, what a great show and I'm thankful I finally had the opportunity to see them perform. I saw in the very top row of the arena and I'm quite exhausted from being at work at 7am and going down and back from Indy, but boy, oh boy, it was totally worth it!

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ KFC YUM! Center in Louisville, KY - October 24, 2017

Great to hear that you had a good time.

Border Desperado

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ KFC YUM! Center in Louisville, KY - October 24, 2017

Just want to say tonight's show was GREAT! The actual time was shorter do to no intermission. Somehow, I got my camera in and was able to use it for a few songs.

I got back to my home in Indiana at 3:am; will get to my revue in a day or so.

Border Rebel

Glad you both had a good time!

So glad to hear you both had a great time! The guys definitely do not disappoint.

Border Rebel

I also went to the show last night. I went with my son who flew in from Houston. I haven't been to an Eagles concert since 1980, so didn't know what to expect.

Just some random thoughts on the concert as we got in at 2:00 also...

Of course I missed seeing Glenn and that was sad. My son also mentioned never getting the chance to see him. I enjoyed the songs that Vince and Deacon performed though, and it seemed the rest of the crowd did too.

I really enjoyed the version of Witchy Woman with the horns and the heavy drum beat. WW has never been one of my favorite songs, but this was one of the best songs of the evening to me!

In the 70's I wasn't a fan of the Joe songs, but last night I truly enjoyed them all. Joe doesn't sound to much different than he did back then because of his "singing voice".

Don gave a shout out to Randy again before "Take it to the Limit" and to Bob Seger before "Heartache Tonight" who was recovering from back surgery. Of course Glenn was mentioned several times and his picture was shown.

The sound was wonderful along with the lighting and backdrops. Very clean with no echo. So different from the 70's when your ears would ring for a while after the concert!

I enjoyed every moment of good music and memories with my son. I am so glad I went.

Out on the Border

Who were the backup musicians last night in Louisville? A concert all fans should see.

Border Rebel

Sorry, I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with their backing musicians. Steuart Smith was on guitar, but don't know who the additional drummer was. I was very surprised how much Don was behind the drums though. I have no idea about the horns or strings though.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks everyone for sharing!!! It all sounds awesome!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

The guys that's been with the Eagles since 2001 (1994 for Scott): Will Hollis, Michael Thompson, Scott Crago, Steuart Steuart, Don's solo band horn section, Milo Deering and Erica Swindell are also from Don's solo band who played the violin(or is it the fiddle). I think they have 2 other violinists I don't know who they are.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley