Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Classic East New York City - July 29, 2017

Default Re: Classic East New York City - July 29, 2017

I just wanted to add a few more comments on what I saw & experienced that night at Citi-Field.

Citi-Field is only about 5 minutes from my house & I often go see Met games there, so I know the stadium pretty well.

I want to stress that people should not judge the concert from the many phone videos that were up for a short of period of time, because the sound system there was truely spectacular These videos didn't do justice to the vocals. I have seen some criticism of the harmonies, & to judge them from unprofessional videos is just not fair...They sounded spectacular!!!
    I did see professional photographers filming the show, so I wouldn't be surprised if they will make a DVD of this show, as it was a milestone in the Eagles legacy...

Now, as for Deacon Frey. I can't describe the feeling of seeing him up there. I only know that I could hardly take my eyes off him. It was not like seeing Glenn up there, but it was mesmerizing to see this young guy, so calm & so talented, filling in for his dad.

I can only almost compare it to when I saw Dahani Harrison up there playing with the big guys in a tribute to his father. Being on the stage with the likes of Clapton, Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty, Prince, Paul McCartney, Bob Dyan & many more of his dads friends & collaborators & he being the young look alike of his father.

I can only say that Deacon was special, spectacular & yet so unassuming.... I felt all eyes were on him, not judging him, but just in awe of having him up there & doing this... It was a very special evening. I think Deacon can be proud & that his dad was smiling down on the stadium & blessing us all with his approval!!! I mean you could actually almost FEEL it..

That's just so cool, Topkat. I'm so happy for you.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That just sounds wonderful Topkat. You could get a sense of that with Deacon from watching the vids but wouldn't compare to actually being there. Same with the sound as online videos and live TV never do it justice and usually do sound worse than it was.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Thank you for you reports on the show, TK. Your comment about not being able to take your eyes off Deacon made me think of the photos from the West show. I think there were more pictures of Deacon than all the other band members put together. (Of course, being young and pretty doesn't hurt). Lucky for Deacon - and the band - that he has that quality.

Out on the Border

Thank you all so much for posting your reviews! My mom and I are attending The Classic Northwest concert and these reviews made me all the more excited. It is just over two weeks away!