Page 2 of 166 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I'm not sure how to react. I dont know that I could go to see them without Glenn . He was just too big a part of it for me.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I'm not sure how to react. I dont know that I could go to see them without Glenn . He was just too big a part of it for me.
    You don't have to go see them if you don't want to.

(Returning to the main thread.)

News articles can spread quickly. I still want to see comment from Don H before I start believing this might be true. Nothing at all on Don H's site that I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I'm just stunned as I never thought I'd see them playing again as the Eagles after Glenn's passing.
    I still don't believe they will ever again play as The Eagles.

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Wow, I'm having a hard time believing this is going to happen...especially since I live near Citi Field... I don't want to get my hopes up. When I see it...I'll believe it

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    It's being reported now not only by Rolling Stone but Entertainment Weekly, LA Times, and other credible news sources. Unless they got it wrong and it's mostly just Don and Joe with Fleetwood Mac, it sounds real and the festival is a very real thing that's happening at the MLB stadiums in New York and LA. I'm just stunned as I never thought I'd see them playing again as the Eagles after Glenn's passing.
    I would believe Don and Joe as solo acts - maybe guesting in each other's sets. Surely this can't be real.

According to Rolling Stone the festivals are confirmed as happening. However, it remains to be seen who the headliners are. It would be terrible publicity to report Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles as performing and then it not be true.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...stival-w470067

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I am simply stunned and hesitant to celebrate. Don't get me wrong, I have been hoping and praying they would reunite even if just for a memorial tribute tour to Glenn and allow his fans to pay their respect. However, I never expected this kind of announcement so soon after they have emphatically stressed otherwise. I will wait to hear something official from the guys or their website. If it is true, I will definitely be there!

I'll borrow buffy's phrasing in response to this news, and say that I'm just stunned.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Interesting quote from Irving Azoff regarding the festivals:
    Both acts are managed by Azoff MSG Entertainment, but a spokesman for veteran superstar manager Irving Azoff said Thursday that “we are not prepared to release anything officially — this caught us by surprise,” in reference to Billboard’s initial report of the shows.
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...302-story.html

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to Headline Two 2017 Classic Rock Festivals

"Eagles and Fleetwood Mac will headline a pair of new music festivals to take place on the east and west coasts this summer.

According to Billboard, the two veteran bands will top the New York- and Los Angeles-based Classic East and Classic West concerts. While no official word has been announced on these shows, Billboard reports that they will take place at Citi Field in New York and at Dodgers Stadium in California.

Reportedly, each festival will last two days, and the organizers hope this will be an annual event. According to Billboard, “A number of big-time music companies are involved in the blockbuster concert concept including​ Azoff MSG Entertainment, Live Nation, the Oak View Group and CAA.”

More acts for these concerts will be announced later.

This will be the Eagles’ first live performance since the death of co-founder Glenn Frey in January 2015. Don Henley, the only original member left in the band these days, previously said the Eagles were*breaking up following Frey’s death. But the Eagles have broken up before,*and that didn’t stick either."

Wonder if this is actually true ??
    Frey died in January 2016.

Very hard to know. I guess if it's rumoured, it's happening. Not sure how I feel. Terribly mixed emotions. In some ways it's brilliant news but in other ways to see the guys perform without Glenn ? It just doesn't feel right 😢
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I believe that it's far more likely that this won't be happening than that it will happen.