Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: An Evening with the Eagles @ Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI - October 27, 2017

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI - October 27, 2

I think it's very sweet that Taylor is assisting Deacon and on the road with him. I'm sure he is happy to have the company of his sister. Wonder what she does as part of the road crew.

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI - October 27, 2

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Like it or not, they are a band and their “brand” was established many, many years ago. How long they can continue depends on their health, vocal abilities, schedules and personal preferences. Based on the tremendous success of these concerts, the audience isn’t going away anytime soon, so that doesn’t appear to be a factor at this time.
    What happens with the band/brand does not impact me one way or the other so really I am not giving it much thought except in response to issues that do interest me. I have already stated I was greatly underwhelmed by the sampling of performances I have watched. I also don't care to speculate what Glenn would want as I would imagine he made his wishes/expectations/demands clear to those who matter. With all the markets here and abroad as well as Azoff and his management/booking expertise, the guys continued good health, willingness there is no doubt this could go on indefinitly.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I think it's very sweet that Taylor is assisting Deacon and on the road with him. I'm sure he is happy to have the company of his sister. Wonder what she does as part of the road crew.
    i dont know but there must be pleny to do as part of the road crew.

IIRC Taylor had a small role on the tv show Roadies which has since been cancelled. FYI Cameron Crowe had a hand in creating the show. Small world, eh?

The private memorial/tribute for Glenn Frey was held at the LA Forum.

A memorial for a rock and roll legend at the LA Forum brings together a star-studded lineup, while the crew faces an uncertain future. Season Finale!

http://play.hd-tvseries.com/tv/65748-1-10/roadies.html

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I’m wondering what she does, too, although it’s a safe bet she’s not handing out 3E buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    What happens with the band/brand does not impact me one way or the other so really I am not giving it much thought except in response to issues that do interest me. I have already stated I was greatly underwhelmed by the sampling of performances I have watched. I also don't care to speculate what Glenn would want as I would imagine he made his wishes/expectations/demands clear to those who matter. With all the markets here and abroad as well as Azoff and his management/booking expertise, the guys continued good health, willingness there is no doubt this could go on indefinitly.
    Since others have speculated that Glenn wouldn’t want the band to go on without him, I’m pointing out that if there’s anyone on the planet who would know his final wishes or objections, it would be his family and close friends (which may or may not include Vince Gill). And I don’t believe they would go against what Glenn wanted.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I’m wondering what she does, too, although it’s a safe bet she’s not handing out 3E buttons.

Since others have speculated that Glenn wouldn’t want the band to go on without him, I’m pointing out that if there’s anyone on the planet who would know his final wishes or objections, it would be his family and close friends (which may or may not include Vince Gill). And I don’t believe they would go against what Glenn wanted.
    We must concede it's possible his family, close friend and long time manager Irving Azoff, Don Henley and others close to Glenn Frey did not know his "final wishes" in terms of the fate of the band upon his death nevermind those who would ultimately be asked to replace him. Personally, I do not pretend to know one way or the other what Glenn Frey wanted or didn't want. It doesn't change how I feel about the band/brand.

We must concede it's possible his family, close friend and long time manager Irving Azoff, Don Henley and others close to Glenn Frey did not know his "final wishes" in terms of the fate of the band upon his death nevermind those who would ultimately be asked to replace him. Personally, I do not pretend to know one way or the other what Glenn Frey wanted or didn't want. It doesn't change how I feel about the band/brand.
    Ok, so Glenn Frey, the man with a plan, a head for business, the caretaker of the legacy of the band he started, who had access to the best legal advice money can buy, made no provisions for the band’s future in spite of his advancing age and serious health concerns, not even a mention to his wife of what he’d like to happen (or not happen) with the band if ever something should happen to him. Yes, I concede it’s possible, but quite improbable.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Ok, so Glenn Frey, the man with a plan, a head for business, the caretaker of the legacy of the band he started, who had access to the best legal advice money can buy, made no provisions for the band’s future in spite of his advancing age and serious health concerns, not even a mention to his wife of what he’d like to happen (or not happen) with the band if ever something should happen to him. Yes, I concede it’s possible, but quite improbable.
    No. We don't know that. We never will. If you choose to make assumptions, feel free, but not all of us agree with you.

And even if it IS what he wanted, quite frankly, I am not bound to agree with it.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

And this show thread has officially descended into the realm of the absurd.

Border Desperado

Reading some of these comments bring feelings of both sadness and frustration. I don't understand why there is all of this speculation about matters that are private to the Frey family and Eagles. Knowing the answers won't change anything.

The Eagles is not under the total control of Don Henley or Irving Azoff. The Frey family has a substantial interest in the brand and is clearly supportive of keeping the band up and running the only real question is how long they can continue with this current lineup and game plan.

Second, I have listened to a couple of songs and frankly am greatly underwhelmed. I can't imagine ever seeing the brand in concert with this lineup or any other one.
    I don’t think they sound substantially worse than before. Gill is not Frey but he’s still an excellent singer. Having deacon and Gill both being younger (Deacon much more so than Gill) helps and having two replace one gives more depth and power to the harmonies.