Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

I've been watching a new show on Fox, Houdini and Doyle. There are huge historical inaccuracies Houdini and Doyle didn't know each other in 1901, for example. The storylines and the characters are good enough that I can look at the show as purely entertainment only. Showing a "what if" kind of thing.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I love the PBS shows too and I'm going to miss "Downton Abbey" and "Mr. Selfridge" as well, but the 3rd season of "Endeavour" is finally back in a couple weeks and hopefully season 4 of "Sherlock" later this fall. I also finally started watching "Penny Dreadful" and love it. I was always a fan of the classic Universal monster movies and seeing these characters together is great (even if I do have to fast forward through he gory scenes LOL).

Season 2 of "Bloodline" also started up today and I've already watched two of the 10 eps on Netflix and it's great!!! "Peaky Blinders" also starts back up on Tuesday here in the US and apparently they'll be using David Bowie's music in some scenes as he was a fan and asked them to use his music. All my summer shows are starting up too, but it's not as much as I usually watch in the traditional TV season.

Also, my latest Entertainment Weekly previewed more summer shows and had a bit about Cameron Crowe's "Roadies" and it sounds good. Supposed to have a lot of music in it too, like his films. Mentioned Lindsey Buckingham is guest starting as himself in an episode, and it reminded me of how Glenn was supposed to have a role in it too. It starts late next month on Showtime.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

The only talent show I like, America's Got Talent, is back on for its 11th season. I've watched it almost every year since season 3. I wasn't too sure about Simon Cowell being a judge, but from the first episode, he doesn't have that mean, bully aspect much anymore. I enjoy the show because it's not for one specific talent, unlike other talent shows.

I liked the first episode of the new NBC series, Maya and Marty. It's sort of like a milder version of Saturday Night Live. I'm glad to see a variety show on network tv. I love the variety shows of the past.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

I've just seen a really enjoyable music documentary, "I'm not in Love: The story of 10cc". It's not deep and full of angst but they seem a decent and very talented bunch of guys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06r14pr

I knew the songs but very little about the people and now I'm stunned by what they did and how they did it - and how cheerful they all are.
    I've read Graham Nash's autobiography but I hadn't picked up that the kid who wrote many of the hits for The Hollies was later in 10cc. Or that one of the others was in The Mindbenders and sang lead on "Groovy Kind of Love". That one of them built his own recording studio and the four of them were the house band (backing all sorts from football teams to Neil Sedaka) before deciding they should record under their own name. I may have been vaguely aware that Godley and Creme went on to make music videos but not the extent.

If you're in the UK, I recommend watching while you can.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Right now, I'm really liking this new show "Still the King," starring former Country star Billy Ray Cyrus and the incredibly beautiful Madison Iseman. Very well written scripts.

Also watching "Cheers" reruns. The earlier shows with Coach and Diane are easily the best, but this scene from the later seasons is a true gut-buster. My absolute favourite from that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3n8uKj-mU0
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

The duo-finale of "Still the King" was sort of an emotional trip for me. Can't wait to see the next season, if there is going to be one.

I tried watching a show called "Vice Principals," and OMG was it awful.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Well I am hooked on Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll. I love Dennis Leary and John Corbett. And it's super funny.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I caught a few episodes of "The Night Manager" starring Taylor Swift's boyfriend and Hugh Laurie; really enjoyed it. I'll get the DVD to see the whole ... 6 episodes I believe it was.

Apparently the series ran on AMC in March, so I'm a little late to the party, but usually all I watch are 70s tv shows on Cozi and MeTV so it's not bad by my standards.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I loved "The Night Manager"!!! Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie were awesome in it. So many have called it Tom's audition for "James Bond" and I can totally see him in the role after that. I've been a huge fan of his since "Thor" first came out. He, Hugh, and the show are all nominated for Emmys too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh, I forgot he was in Thor. He played Loki, didn't he? I also liked him very much in "Only Lovers Left Alive" with Tilda Swinton. I recently saw Hiddleston as Hank Williams, Sr in "I Saw the Light" and he did well with what had to be an extremely challenging role. The shocker though was Elizabeth Olsen (sister of the bug-eyed Olsen twins) who was nothing short of amazing as Hank's insufferable wife Audrey: she got everything right - the accent, shrewish personality, bad singing voice. Kudos to her.