Page 287 of 302 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Holy smokes, you'll be driving a lot.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Holy smokes, you'll be driving a lot.
    Yes. All of my summer classes are at the campus closest to me. Three of my four fall classes are at the main campus, with the other one being in a newly built, state of the art, campus. My schedule isn't all that hectic, though. I'll stay at the campus in between classes, and I have Freydays off. I am glad that gas prices are much more affordable now. I'll have to get used to getting up around 7:15 or 8:00 again.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That's late!! I'm up at 6am most mornings!!

Seriously though good luck. Hope it all works out for you
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    And Jonny, I hope that you ace those exam papers!
    Thanks Kim! Hadn't got around to checking this thread until now so this is the first. Happily I think the last two exams seemed to okay. It's all been rather different today as I've completed all the papers and can relax for a bit now. I'll probably end up bumping a few threads that I didn't time to think about posting in when they first came up. I'm also looking forward to getting to know some of the newer forum members better.

I wish you good luck with your own studies, and I hope the travelling isn't too much of a hassle.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I do volunteer ecological work.

You can clear an awful lot of invasive weed in two hours.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

The first day of school was decent, I guess. I got through it. I've seen the posts of my friends telling of how they feel overwhelmed by their college classes. Six classes is a lot for any semester, but it's almost too much for summer semester. I can't back out now, though I wish that I could. I know that I can probably do the work. That's not the problem. I don't think that I can handle it mentally. I've only done one day, yet I'm feeling physically sick due to anxiety. I have such a hard time adjusting. I just want to shut down and hide. I know that you're not supposed to hide from things, but I don't think that I can handle this. I also can't help but think that I can't function in the real world. I just don't have what it takes. I've felt so positive over the past few months, but it's all come crashing down in just a few hours.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

AG, you can do anything you set your mind to. Hang in there, it will get better and easier. Be tough and believe!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

AG, I hope the second day was less daunting. Most of us have doubts on first days, whether it's at college or a new job. Before long, many things will become second nature and you'll have more energy and brain-power free for the important stuff.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

First days are always the most difficult, whether you're doing school work or helping out at a Church's Vacation Bible School(as I'll be doing later in the month). As you get further into the scheme of things, things gets markedly easier. That said, six classes is more than I've ever taken in a single semester. Wow. Best regards to you in your school ventures.

And AG, I was sorry to read of your Grandfather's passing a few weeks back. Having already lost three of my four grandparents, it is difficult. From my experience, things do get better with time and you will remember them for the better days, and not as much for those final days and weeks. It does take precious time, though. I'm thinking of you at this time.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Kim you can do this, I know you can! When you feel overwhelmed take a 15 minute break & just go to a happy place.

Had my MRI done yesterday & see the doctor Monday to figure out how we proceed next. Came home & started with a massive migraine which I still have today. The new neighbor has been grinding metal all day long. The urge to go over & smack him silly is becoming a real possibility. Did get the pool open but it is white so now I will be fighting that for a bit, difficult to move around a pool with a cast on. Life goes on!