Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: EAGLES AT NATIONWIDE ARENA, COLUMBUS, OHIO 3/5/14

Default Re: EAGLES AT NATIONWIDE ARENA, COLUMBUS, OHIO 3/5/14

Really wished we could have gone to this show, but after our first row/VIP experience in Cincy, and other expenses, we couldn't do it. My husband was working in Columbus the day of the show and for a minute we thought - should we??

Still love reading all the reviews from the Columbus show too (panties on the stage? Seriously? LOL )

Someone tell me when the PEW subsides..... I keep reliving the show over and over .... and hoping they will once again return to Ohio - or somewhere nearby. Of course now I've been spoiled and won't want less than the first couple rows on the floor next time!

Signing off the Border now for awhile....

Take it Easy!!!

You know, over the years, the Eagles have been criticized for “only being in it for the money,” “their ticket prices are so high,” "they really don't care about their fans," etc. – which I don’t believe is the case. We watched the HOTE DVD over the weekend because we were so buzzed from seeing them in Cincy. It was mentioned several times how they want to make sure they play as many of the hits that people want to hear. “I might be sick of playing Take It Easy – I’ve played it thousands of times – but there are people in the audience who have waited YEARS to hear it.”

Show me another band that has that much concern for their fans – or is even aware of their fans' concerns on that level.

"You can check out any time you like,
    But you can never leave!"

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I totally agree Rick. They are all at a stage in life that they could give up and be comfortable for the rest of their days. They could go out and play a 90 minute set. They put up a brilliant show because they care about their fans and want to give it their all for the fans. That comes across in every show they do.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I don't buy the "just in it for the money" idea, either. My take is that they get a buzz from performing in front of a large audience and making that audience happy. We all want to be loved and appreciated so imagine feeling the love of 15,000 people for a few hours.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I don't buy the "just in it for the money" idea, either. My take is that they get a buzz from performing in front of a large audience and making that audience happy. We all want to be loved and appreciated so imagine feeling the love of 15,000 people for a few hours.

I totally agree! I saw them in Columbus over a week ago and I still feel joy from seeing them live! I want to see them again!

These guys are not kids and they all have families, they don't need to keep up these tough touring schedules and doing three hour shows, and I can only guess, but I don't think they need the money, its the love of what they do and I think they have a lot of fun doing it.

I also believe that they have a deep appreciation if not affection for each other and the fact that they are all here today and able to perform at the level they are performing at.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanny View Post
    , its the love of what they do and I think they have a lot of fun doing it.

I also believe that they have a deep appreciation if not affection for each other and the fact that they are all here today and able to perform at the level they are performing at.
    I believe(as some reviewers have stated) they have far too much fun to quit doing it and also that they genuinely like each other though they'r not the best of friends AND AFTER ALL THESE YEARS IT'S GREAT

When I play my gigs, either solo or with a band, we have a saying for when we load out gear and pack it away - "This is what they pay us for; we play for free."

Playing is fun! To quote David Crosby, "Playing music is the most fun you can have with your clothes on." I think that's true on any level, be it 20 people at a coffeehouse, or 20,000 people in an arena. It's a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanny View Post
    I totally agree! I saw them in Columbus over a week ago and I still feel joy from seeing them live! I want to see them again!

These guys are not kids and they all have families, they don't need to keep up these tough touring schedules and doing three hour shows, and I can only guess, but I don't think they need the money, its the love of what they do and I think they have a lot of fun doing it.

Me too Zanny! Made a CD with the concert setlist and have played it over and over, remembering how it felt to hear each song live!

Quote Originally Posted by rick endres View Post
    Sometimes it's hard to explain to people what the Eagles mean to people of a "certain age." To people my age (I'm 63), Eagles and James Taylor are like our generation's Sinatra - the best there is. We grew uo with them. Probably the same for 40s and 50s, too, and really cross generational. There was a family at the Cincinnati show - looked like grandparents, parents, and kids - who couldn't wait to get in. All chatting happily about the Eagles and the individual band members. Age range appeared to be from about 14 to 65, all of them fans.

That's why the Eagles have lasted so long, why they can still sell out 20,000+ venues. I'd venture to say they could still fill stadiums, although I'm not sure that would be as enjoyable as what I saw last Monday. Their music, their performances, are as polished and exciting as the day they first sat down together and said, "Let's start a band."

I truly hope this isn't their last hurrah...
    Hi Rick, and Welcome!

Interesting thoughts here. I'm in my 40s, which means that the Eagles could have been some of the first popular music that I heard as a child. Something in my brain definitely says "this is what music is suppose to sound like."

I'm also strongly against a last hurrah in the near future.

Thanks, Keith. Interesting; I'm in my 60s, you're in your 40's, and my son just turned 28 yesterday - and we all love the Eagles. And at the Cincinnati concert, that "three generation" family had a little girl with them who couldn't have been more than 14 or 15. Quite an age range - and it's all because Eagles music is so phenomenally good.

And I hope their last hurrah is a long way off, too.