Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EAGLES AT NATIONWIDE ARENA, COLUMBUS, OHIO 3/5/14

Default EAGLES AT NATIONWIDE ARENA, COLUMBUS, OHIO 3/5/14

This was my first Eagles concert, and it was magnificent! The guys still seemed a little ill, but it was only evident in their speaking voices--their singing voices were awesome! They gave 100% at this concert! I loved the second half, when they seemed to really kick into gear. And finally, there was a center screen visible from our seats, which were in the second row about midway from the stage (in the first half, there were only 2 tiny screens in the corners, which were behind us). I took my 17 year old with me, and he really started to enjoy the concert in the second half; he was laughing so hard at Joe's antics, especially the hatcam. Don was free of the goatee, which I loved. We had a great view of the stage, and they looked fantastic. Someone in the front row said something to Don when he was out front, and he said something like, "my dear, we hardly know each other..." Glenn told the plaintiff joke, which the audience loved, also some jokes about Detroit which were funnier. I thought the videos they played were entertaining, but I just wanted to look at them!

The only down side was that the audience would NOT get up on my side of the arena. Even at the end, they were stubbornly glued to their seats. I am very conscious of bothering other people, but I was just itching to stand up and MOVE! Finally, in the last 5 songs (except Desperado), I had to do it. It was starting to interfere seriously with my enjoyment of the concert. If they ever tour here again, I would go in a heartbeat, but I would have to sit in a seat where I could stand up in the second half!

I got to meet Cheryl from this board, and that was a great treat. Everyone on this board is so nice! I appreciate that she walked all the way around to arena to meet us--and snuck in a photo!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: EAGLES AT NATIONWIDE ARENA, COLUMBUS, OHIO 3/5/14

Thanks for your review Deb! First time? Another Eagle virgin bites the dust! Glad you had such a good time, but wish your crowd would have been more in to it so you could dance along! I guess there were also a lot of people that hadn't heard the credit card joke! Surprising since it's been around for a long time! Right Miss Soda?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

How awesome you got to see your first Eagles concert !! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I wonder if the woman in front had the cojones to proposition our handsome Mr. Henley !! Lol !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Thanks for your review Deb! First time? Another Eagle virgin bites the dust! Glad you had such a good time, but wish your crowd would have been more in to it so you could dance along! I guess there were also a lot of people that hadn't heard the credit card joke! Surprising since it's been around for a long time! Right Miss Soda?
    LOL--love that--guess you can never experience the first time again, right? Love those guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    How awesome you got to see your first Eagles concert !! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I wonder if the woman in front had the cojones to proposition our handsome Mr. Henley !! Lol !!
    I think so! I hope someone from the front row posts that one!

Thanks for your comments, Deb...have been itching all morning to hear some news and have yet to find anything in the Columbus papers online. Nothing can compare to seeing our boys live and the first experience tends to set the wheels in motion. Congratulations on the loss of your Eagles virginity!
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Last edited by deb828; 03-09-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks, Deb!

So now what are we supposed to talk about for the next 2 1/2 months??!! So sad...such PEW.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Thanks, Deb!

So now what are we supposed to talk about for the next 2 1/2 months??!! So sad...such PEW.
    I hear ya--so sad it is over!!

Stuck on the Border

Review: http://thelantern.com/2014/03/review...ountain-youth/

MC, for the next couple of months we can talk about how awesome they'll be when they get to Europe.