Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Ctr, Washington, DC - 3/01/14

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Verizon Ctr, Washington, DC - 3/01/14

A picture from last night:

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Verizon Ctr, Washington, DC - 3/01/14

Ok, they had signs posted on the doors, NO CAMERAS, NO VIDEOTAPING. I put my camera in another bag in my back pack, and lucky for me, the girl checking me at the door didn't bother checking all my stuff closely, so I got my camera in.
    However, I didn't use it at all, partly because I was a little intimidated by all the stuff I read on the board about security, and I was a little tired from my long day out on the museum mall. I decided to take Don and Glenn's advice to just be in the moment and watch the show to enjoy it all. The arena announcement to tell EVERYONE to turn off their phones, to not stand and block people from seeing the stage, and NO VIDEO RECORDING with cell phones or video recording devices, also put me off, even though from where I was sitting, and how the seating is staggered, I had a pretty clear view to record from, and the ushers may not have really been able to get to me. Up until the intermission, I was kind of amazed that there were no flashes in the crowd at all, so hey, other people were restraining themselves as well!
    What can I remember from the show....

Don and Glenn came out around 8:12, did the fistbump, and we were off!

Don was pretty chatty with his intro, did his impression of a dude giving driving directions to the rehearsal space, talking about this show being part 2 for the DC area and the very first time he and Glenn were in DC when they were first starting out. They shared a room while they played in Georgetown. When have they never shared a room when they were starting out?!

Glenn welcomed everyone to this part of the tour called Sick Bay, because they were passing around the cold, and he must still be sniffling with something because he was using his shirt sleeve to wipe at his nose every now and then, poor guy, but he said they were feeling pretty good tonight! They all sounded great, only a drop off now and then when Don or Glenn went for a low note in one of the slower songs. Tim was clear and sweet, and Joe was Joe, Mr. Virtuosity on guitar. He was sizzling in the second half of the show!

Joe had his camera hat going, and said that when he had the hatcam on the crowd, it was your opportunity - DO SOMETHING. It might go viral and be seen by thousands!

Glenn did not use the plaintiff line, he did the Detroit bit with Mother, Nugent, and added Bob Seger.

Don got chatty on the lead in to Long Run, mentioning Glyn Johns wanted to record in London so they went to London to get them away from "distractions" - which they found anyway - and that London has no good Mexican food, so they went back to California, then to Miami because of Bill S., and then it all got hazy after that. He also took a shot at new bands in the business these days, maybe they should pay attention to the message in the song!

During one of his songs, Joe forgot which mike was his and had to run over to the right one!

For the intermission Glenn said they were going to break for a little while while he gets a transfusion, and then wiped his nose on his sleeve...!

Clothing: Don and the red checked shirt and black pants, Glenn had the dark shirt over the white tee and black pants and then changed to the checked shirt over the white, Tim looked really good in the black tee and pants then in the mustard gold/moss green button up, Joe in dark shirt over black tee and pants then just the black and pants. Has Bernie been doing the checked shirt over the graphic tee, or has he just been sucked into the whole plaid/checked shirt thing only recently?

Well, I will admit that I really did enjoy the show more since I wasn't dealing with a camera or a phone, or annoyed by people in my way. So yes Don and Glenn, I will give you that one. BUT! That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see a show again and again, so we need a DVD of the tour!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Great review ktdids! Thanks so much! Like you it was nice not to worry about getting good photos & as they say "being in the moment" however WE NEED A DVD guys!!!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

great review but guys we need a new dvd please

Hi Tiffany twisted. I don't know if you remember me but I met you at the Timothy concert at the Keswik in May of2012. You told me about this forum and I thank you for that! Really enjoy reading reviews etc. am going to the show in Columbus on Wednesday will be my 12th of this tour. Was there for the first in Louisville and will be at last. Boo hoo. No Eagles all summer. May have withdrawal!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

ktdids, great review and I'm glad you enjoyed the show!

Hope the guys get well soon!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

This may sound like a dumb question, but was Bernie there? Just wondering, as he is not in the picture (but it is only one). Seems like that shared cold should be over soon! Hoping so for the 5th!

Stuck on the Border

The picture is probably from the second set. Bernie plays in the first set and one of the encores.

Thanks! (2 more days to wait--very excited!)

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    Hi Tiffany twisted. I don't know if you remember me but I met you at the Timothy concert at the Keswik in May of2012. You told me about this forum and I thank you for that! Really enjoy reading reviews etc. am going to the show in Columbus on Wednesday will be my 12th of this tour. Was there for the first in Louisville and will be at last. Boo hoo. No Eagles all summer. May have withdrawal!!

well well.... welcome to the border...yes I do remember you . Glad you finally found us here. And it what a great TBS show ...glad you are one of us now...