Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Arena, 2/23/14

Default Re: New Orleans Arena, 2/23/14

I totally don't get the no dancing or standing during the rockin' songs. I barely understand it during other songs. It really puts a damper on your concert experience. When I saw them in St Louis I was scolded for surfing Facebook on my phone WAY before the show with the house lights on as it's "disrupting to people behind you". The show hadn't even started. It really pissed me off. I didn't dare take any photos but my dad did as he didn't care. I was so mad from the first go around that I said screw it.

Eagles and/or their tour managers need to take a chill pill on the unfair rules for these concerts. We are going to a rock n' roll show - not a funeral, a business meeting, or a court hearing. I thought David Spade's comments on the issue were spot on, albeit trying to be funny. It's true. It's a great concert but the experience IMO is as important as the music and it sucks IMO. I don't mind setting for the seated numbers, but for songs like AG or HC, you can damn sure bet I'll be standing.

As you know, I agree about the rules bring out of control. However, when it comes to "Already Gone," I'm sure the band would be cool with standing during that song if enough people did it. Unfortunately, at that point, most are scared to stand.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

All this no dancing stuff is a bit confusing to me. I went to one of the LA shows and both San Jose shows and they were ok with people standing up dancing during the faster songs. I was in row 2 @ San Jose and I was the only one standing up dancing during The Long Run and nobody said a word to me. They were really watching the people with the phones more than anything. I took a picture with my phone at one point and I did get a raised eyebrow from security.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Poor Glenn. Today I woke up with a runny nose and sore throat, too, and I've started sneezing. Can germs make it that far?

Too bad about the lame crowd. I do think the stringent rules have a dampening effect. One of the Black Shirt enforcers at the LA Forum actually threatened a friend of mine (our own PLS) with expulsion for continuing to stand during "Already Gone" after he'd told her to sit down. "Already Gone"! After that, we didn't stand up for a long time. Mission accomplished I guess, but at what cost?

As for avatars, check out this link: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...atures_avatars
    To be fair, I experienced this same thing at the 11/5/11 Vegas show and there were no stringent rules. Just a bunch of lame people with comps seats who didn't care if they were there or not. At the Forum I really felt that the issue was the rules, but in Vegas, I wouldn't guarantee it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

As you know, I agree about the rules bring out of control. However, when it comes to "Already Gone," I'm sure the band would be cool with standing during that song if enough people did it. Unfortunately, at that point, most are scared to stand.
    Yeah that's what I mean. You are scared to do that. Someone or a couple people have to muster up the bravery and courage to do it, then people will follow. It's a bit confusing as far as what they want in terms of audience participation at times.

Out on the Border

Guy in the sect I was in was told to put his phone up--- a full 20 minutes before the show started

I can beat that. I got told to put my phone away 45 minutes before showtime at this show, after I found my seat and pulled it out to take a pic of the empty stage. I surreptitiously texted while he wasn't looking, but the whole situation was just ridiculous. I was at the show alone and the people next to me hadn't arrived yet. I guess I'm just supposed to quietly contemplate life for 45 minutes.

Luckily they eased up at intermission in New Orleans and I got a picture of myself at the arena. In LA, you couldn't get them out then, either.

I can beat that. I got told to put my phone away 45 minutes before showtime at this show, after I found my seat and pulled it out to take a pic of the empty stage. I surreptitiously texted while he wasn't looking, but the whole situation was just ridiculous. I was at the show alone and the people next to me hadn't arrived yet. I guess I'm just supposed to quietly contemplate life for 45 minutes.

Luckily they eased up at intermission in New Orleans and I got a picture of myself at the arena. In LA, you couldn't get them out then, either.
    Quiet contemplation of life can be good for the soul Soda. Isn't it an indication of being an advanced being amongst those who are less so?

I guess I must not be that advanced yet.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Poor Glenn. Today I woke up with a runny nose and sore throat, too, and I've started sneezing. Can germs make it that far?

Too bad about the lame crowd. I do think the stringent rules have a dampening effect. One of the Black Shirt enforcers at the LA Forum actually threatened a friend of mine (our own PLS) with expulsion for continuing to stand during "Already Gone" after he'd told her to sit down. "Already Gone"! After that, we didn't stand up for a long time. Mission accomplished I guess, but at what cost?

As for avatars, check out this link: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...atures_avatars

I have exactly the same dose too and have had it since Sunday! Can germs travel THIS far? Poor Glenn hope he's feeling a lot better by now.

Great review Soda, but again pity the camera/phone Nazis were so stringent! I brt you are glad you did the journey. Feel better soon too!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP