Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Ctr, Houston TX - 02/21/04

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Toyota Ctr, Houston TX - 02/21/04

OMG - the guys were FABULOUS!!!

Default Re: Toyota Ctr, Houston TX - 02/21/04

so glad to hear HB!!!!

Good deal! What about the setlist? Has anything been added or dropped?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I need to gather my wits and arrange my thoughts cause I am still shaking with excitement. This was one of the best if not THE best concert that I have seen them give. All the guys were in such great giving moods and so funny.

We only got scolded once right at the beginning when it was still just Don & Glenn sitting there. Apparently someone was talking too loud and Don asked them if they wanted to have a conversation to come up on stage and then he told them if they wanted to talk they should go outside. He was smiling & said it in a pretty jovial way so it wasn't too bad. But at the same time Glenn was giving them a look like Don isn't joking.

For the fashionistas, the wardrobe for the night was......

Timothy - purple t-shirt, blue jeans
    Don - Charcoal gray long sleeve shirt, black jeans
    Joe - Black t-shirt under a black or dk. blue plaid shirt, black jeans
    Glenn - Lt gray t-shirt under a slate blue shirt and his blue ripped jeans
    Bernie - Black t-shirt

For the 2nd set.......

Timothy - Long sleeve white shirt with double studs down the front. It looked like small silver studs. It was so white and crisp looking. It was a beautiful shirt and I mouthed it to him when he was looking my way and I believed he saw me because he broke out in a big smile
    Don - Red, white and black plaid shirt
    Joe - Black t-shirt with some design on it but I could never figure it out
    Glenn - White or light blue t-shirt under a light blue checkered shirt. The shirt was checkered down the front but the back and the sleeves were a solid lt. blue
    Bernie - A blue t-shirt with the design Keep Calm and ................. I never did see what the rest of it said.

This was to the best of my recollection HD feel free to correct me if I got some of this wrong. I am going to put pen to paper and then come back & post more.

Nothing added but nothing was dropped EXCEPT half the time maybe most of the time the videos were not shown. I think they were having trouble with them. The only video that I saw that actually worked was during "Already Gone". Rest of the time they were not running or running funky like not covering the whole screen. Unless I was staring so hard at the guys that I didn't see them but I don't think that was the case. During "Those Shoes" it did not show the whole video and there were problems with the pinball video during LITFL. Totally did not see the Desperado shoot during the whole DD/D portion. I LOVE seeing those photos/videos so that was disappointing.

OK - one more thing before I hit the bed. I am supposed to go shopping with a friend tomorrow and why I made those plans after an Eagles concert I have no idea.

There was a couple next to me and she brought in "The Long Run" album and told me that she was going to try and get it signed. She tried talking the security guy into taking it backstage but of course that was a no go! So at the end of the concert when the guys are walking at the front of the stage and saying their thanks, she is waving this album like crazy. Glenn stops, kneels down, gets the album and SIGNS IT!! Timothy was right behind him so he yelled at Timothy and hands him the Sharpie and album and Timothy signs it too!! That was the sweetest moment! Those guys are the greatest!!

I will post more tomorrow!

I thought for those who have the VIP tickets I would post my experience at this one. The party by "On the List presents" was very nice & well organized. Our goodie bag included a beige baseball cap with Eagles on front & VIP 2014 on the back, chiffon scarf with the HOTE design, Eagles belt buckle & money clip. The denim jacket is apparently stuck in customs & will be mailed to us.

The raffle prizes were the usual t-shirts & hoodies except for the last 3 prizes. Those were a hoodie that our host said Irving Azoff had ordered for family & friends. There were a few extras so he gave them to give out. She said ours was the last of the very limited extras. It was black with the gothic "E" on the left chest side. The other 2 special prizes were guitar strings donated by Joe that he used at the Las Vegas shows. A guy at my table won the ones used on "Witchy Woman" & someone else won the "Hotel California" guitar strings. They were in a packet with the date they were used & the song they were used on written on the packet. Too Cool!!

There were also sepia colored framed photos on display of the guys thru the years. I think there were @ 10 & there will be a drawing at the end of the tour & the photo mailed to the winners. They are beautiful, my fingers are crossed!

On sale at the stands were the same t-shirts & merchandise. They also had ALL the Forum items & cheaper than what I paid in LA!

Also before the show you could buy the "Eagles Live" cd for $20.00 which entered you in a drawing for a signed Eagles guitar. The money was to be divided equally between the Shriners Hospital and Walden Woods. I thought that was a great fundraiser. The number was drawn during intermission but I do not know who won. I hope the winner did not have to hold the guitar the rest of the show!

I almost forgot besides the lanyard we got, we received a plastic commerative ticket! I loved it!
    Last edited by Houston Baby; 02-22-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

OMG Deb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What a night what a mighty fine night.....
    You must be higher than cloud nine....

That is such a cool story about GF and TBS signing that ladys lp

It just sounds like such a great night and I love hearing about it all event he fashionesta stuff lol

Looking forward to hearing more stuff .
    Shopping .....????? ihope your friend likes the eagles cause I wouldn't be able to talk about anything else.
    Last edited by Tiffanny Twisted; 02-22-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Wow, HB! I'm ! Glad you had such a fantastic time! That's cool that Glenn & Timothy signed the album. Kind of surprised actually. They do really care about their fans!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the review, HB and glad you had an awesome time. Too bad the videos were working properly.

And how cool that Glenn and Tim signed the lady's album. I have to admit when I first start reading what HB wrote about it, my sinister side kicked in. I kinda laughed and thought 'yeah, like fat chance that she'd get that signed'. So, needless to say, it was an absolutely delightful surprise to read further and discover how wrong I was. Ya just never know what those Eagles are gonna do!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016