Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 24, 2014

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 24, 2014

Thanks so much MC and Cal (and welcome to The Border, Cal). I loved reading your reviews - your enthusiasm shines through with every word. How cool is it that you both got guitar pics and remember each other from the show. And that is such a lovely photo of you, MC. I've said many times how much better it is to read reviews from a true fans that really appreciate a concert than from a paid critic who is doing a job, knows very little about the band, and has to prove their coolness by taking lame jabs at the band or its fans. I'm so glad you both had a great time at the show.

And to the EAGLES for yet another great performance. It's amazing that are able to consistently perform at such a high level night after night!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Great photo MC! Very pretty & you definitely look thrilled to be there! What great memories for you!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

MC and Cal, thanks so much for your reviews and I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves! Very cool that you both got picks!

MC, wonderful pic of you too!

And Cal, welcome to the Border!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Hey CAL - thanks for posting! Yes, I was right behind you - did you have on a cute little dress? And yes, blond and SMILING is a good description of me - see here right before they went on! Pure joy...

Beautiful picture of you, Mary! And how cool that Timothy gave you a pick!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks everyone. Feeling sort of low after all of the excitement and back to the week day routine. I'll bet that's normal for those who go to these shows regularly. I would definitely feel better if I had another show to look forward to! Gotta figure it out. Need the same or similar seat. And a large sum of unexpected monies to come my way

Thanks everyone. Feeling sort of low after all of the excitement and back to the week day routine. I'll bet that's normal for those who go to these shows regularly. I would definitely feel better if I had another show to look forward to! Gotta figure it out. Need the same or similar seat. And a large sum of unexpected monies to come my way
    You've got what we call 'PEW' (post Eagles' withdrawal). Very common among Eagle fans after a concert when we com back down to earth! The best treatment is to OD on the band by watching as many videos & listening to as much of their music as possible. There is no real cure, however. Seeing another concert will give temporary relief. It also helps to come on 'The Border' for Eagle therapy.

BTW, you can also get PGW, PDW, PTW & PJW after attending solo concerts.

Hey CAL - thanks for posting! Yes, I was right behind you - did you have on a cute little dress? And yes, blond and SMILING is a good description of me - see here right before they went on! Pure joy...

TT - agree that WW is not in my top 20 Eagles songs, but they way they've arranged it...wow.
    Beautiful pic! It sounds like you had a fabulous time - and a Timothy pick to boot! What a great night

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    You've got what we call 'PEW' (post Eagles' withdrawal). Very common among Eagle fans after a concert when we com back down to earth! The best treatment is to OD on the band by watching as many videos & listening to as much of their music as possible. There is no real cure, however. Seeing another concert will give temporary relief. It also helps to come on 'The Border' for Eagle therapy.

BTW, you can also get PGW, PDW, PTW & PJW after attending solo concerts.
    Yup, MC, that's about all you can do for it! It helps a lot!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks Glennlover and Brooke. I'm totally going to have to find an Eagles Anonymous (EA) meeting in my neighborhood! "I'm Mary and I suffer from both PEW and PTW...God grant me the ability to book another show on this tour..." etc...

These so-called cures can backfire. I've been listening to the Eagles non-stop since LA, and now I desperately want to go to another show!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten