Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 17, 2014

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 17, 2014

Maybe I'm just getting confused between the threads for the two nights, but I don't remember anyone but Soda being disappointed with this show, and her issues were caused by security and not the band, as far as I can tell. I didn't feel like they were going through the motions on Wednesday night, either, but they were definitely more into it on Friday night. They interacted with people in the audience, they moved around the stage more, smiled more, laughed more, even jumped around more. The vocals were a bit better, and even a glitch like Joe's technical difficulty was made to be entertaining. I've seen them go through the motions, back in 5/2012 when half the band had some sort of virus thing going on, and neither of these shows were anything like that.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Well, that's good to hear. Maybe I paid too much attention to how much was written about security issues. There wasn't a great deal written about the actual performances, it seemed to me.

Perspectives are so funny. I actually thought they were more into it Wednesday! That and the inclusion of the extra encore made it the winner by far, but that's JMHO.

No single performance stood out to me as better than Wednesday, that's for sure. However, "going through the motions" is too harsh. Doolin' Dalton Reprise was moving as always; TITTL was stellar; OOTN was incredibly sexy (the entire band but especially Don and Glenn were really throwing themselves into that one); Those Shoes was smokin'.

Obviously, if the majority thought they were better Friday than Wednesday, then go with that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Gorgeous photo.

It isn't just you. Most (not all) of the Borderers' reviews of these shows have strongly suggested to me that the band was going through the motions.
    I dont know what specific reviews you are referring to, but let me be crystal clear. Your above-referenced statement in no conceivable way correctly reflects my opinion. I take complete umbrage with your blanket statement and I strongly resent its implication. Do not assume to put words in my mouth.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    I dont know what specific reviews you are referring to, but let me be crystal clear. Your above-referenced statement in no conceivable way correctly reflects my opinion. I take complete umbrage with your blanket statement and I strongly resent its implication. Do not assume to put words in my mouth.
    I didn't. I didn't mention you. I made a generalisation. For heaven's sake. If you felt differently then say so instead of reacting like this.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Your words:
    "Most reviews have strongly suggested that the band was going through the motions."

The only thing I am strongly suggesting is that you are 100 percent wrong in your assumption. You do not speak for me. You do not have the right to speak for me. I dont think for one second that the band was going through the motions. You spoke before thinking so acknowledge that fact and move on.

The over efficient security is disappointing to hear. It sounds like they are picking and choosing what they give people a hard time about. In "concert going" in general the assumed rule is always you can stand up unless you are blocking someone and they make a point of saying something. Everyone knows unless it's classical music concert that there is a possibility of people standing. it's even more disappointing if the artists themselves are discouraging it. They of all people want the right energy from the audience.

I've been to Eagles concerts where everyone stood during the ballads and they didn't care. It's just that most people don't stand during the ballads. Like I said, if people used common sense, it wouldn't be an issue and the band wouldn't have to concern themselves with it. They are up on the stage, and the have the best view of all the people bobbing and weaving trying to see around the one person standing when everyone else is sitting. They also know a lot of their fans are of an age where standing a lot isn't possible or recommended!

I knew this issue would be one that would be discussed a lot. Quite a few here have strong opinions on it. It's a shame the discussion detracted from the shows overall. Others obviously don't agree with me, but I thought both the shows I went to were fantastic! The guys worked hard to give the fans what they wanted and that somehow got lost in the shuffle.
    VK

You are right VA. We shouldn't be discussing anything other than the Eagles performance. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the Forum shows. Wish I could get to another show.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizasong View Post
    You are right VA. We shouldn't be discussing anything other than the Eagles performance. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the Forum shows. Wish I could get to another show.
    Well, I didn't quite mean that! The other discussion is important and there are those that want to talk about it. I'm just saying it's not fair to make it the only topic of discussion.
    VK