Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 15, 2014

Out on the Border

Default Re: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 15, 2014

What time do they come on and is there an opening act?

Thanks

Billboard doesn't have Those Shoes in the setlist. Maybe they thought it was TS than VOL

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by droberts1395 View Post
    What time do they come on and is there an opening act?

Thanks
    I read that they came on stage at around 8:20pm last night.
    The opening act is JD and the Straight Shot.

When I saw them in Toronto, the Eagles came on stage just after 8pm. The opening act started maybe 7pm but most people didn't take their seats until close to 8pm.

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Curious if Bernie sang on both encores?
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Out on the Border HenleyFan1971's Avatar

I had a friend last night that was there they really enforced the no cell phones and camera in the first ten rows she said the was security everywhere that they were filming the concert maybe a dvd in the future but she sneaked a few pics towards the end she was in 2nd row

Bernie sang on one encore there were a total of 3 encores

under the wire they came out a 8:20 did one break and came back for 3 encores and finished after or around 11;30 my darn phone died lol

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

The Billboard set list was big-time wrong. Those Shoes was played. Victim of Love was not. Show was exactly same as before except for first encore as Soda posted. IT WAS A GREAT SHOW!! AMAZING.

Will post more later...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

No guest appearances, as stated above, but there was at least one celeb in the house-Edgar Winter. He was sitting in the next section over from me in the third row. He left during the intermission and never returned.

And, the distressing news, it turns out folks is scalpers did get front row tickets for last night's show despite the "lottery system," as Glenn put it, as he told the audience in the front sections to sit down during "our ballads" or maybe "slow numbers"-can't remember which phrase he used-but he essentially told them the band made sure you got good seats (ergo the lottery) so play nice and give the not-so-lucky fans an unobstructed view. Seemed fair to me.

The couple in front of me paid over a $1,000 each for their tickets which they told me came from a "New York broker." And, they got the tickets before the show not at the show-so they weren't lottery seats.

I'm not complaining though as my second row lottery-won-aisle seat was more than fine and I not only got a wave from TimmyB (a standard thing at this stage) but a "Hey, Hi, Thanks for coming out tonight." from Don Henley who pointed right at me as he left the stage before the final curtain rang down.

All the Eagles were in a good mood especially Don who had the look of a "satisfied man" as he exited stage right. I've shaken hands with him before, but he never single me out before last night's show. Star-Struck! Maybe. I may have a new favorite Eagle. Fickle as a Pickle.

Good show but I'm sorry to report it lacked energy. I didn't see Glenn spit once and at no time did they literally levitate as one like they did at their opening show for the Nokia back in 2007. Felt a bit like I was at a "lecture" as opposed to a rock concert. A lecture set at a county fair where the stench of fried food and popcorn permeated the air replacing the rock concert staple of beer and pot. Not to imply that people weren't getting high, they were but not like they, to quote Jagger-"used to."

But, one nice thing about being late for the show, I did manage to miss, although not intentionally I might add, J.D. and the Straight Shot. To be fair, James Dolan's band is not that bad, but I think what distresses most Eagle fans, in particular, is how he seems to have become their first choice for their opening act.

Just mix a little bit of nepotism with a dash of favoritism, and you're the opening act for the Eagles. A fate worse than getting the gig as an American Idol winner/finalist.

In my day, bands earned their stripes by playing drunkin' frat parties where some blotto "Blotto" almost invariable grabbed the mike to "join together with the band" probably singing "Louie,Louie" and at Hog-A-Day Inn gigs where the sound of the cash register perennially resonated in the back ground and "the door" paid the rent.

In any event, it's common knowledge that Dolan essentially rode his father Charles Dolan's coat-tails to the top spot at the Madison Square Garden Corporation (which owns the Forum)-nepotism. As for favoritism, chalk that "ism" up to a rehab stint or maybe two that he probably shared with Walsh at some point in time or other.

As for the stairs-I took the service elevator down to the floor. I know ever venue has one, you just have to locate it, which at the Forum was easy enough to do. It was right next to the door I came in.

The Eagles were in the middle of their first number when I got there and I simply asked the lady running the elevator, a senior citizen just like me, if she'd take pity on another "senior citizen" (Yes, I played the old lady card.) and give me a "much needed lift to the floor where I had a second row seat." She said, "Let me see your ticket," before waving me aboard.

Anyway, here's the kicker-I actually ended up back stage-not where the artists go unless you count Irving Azoff as an artist-but back stage nonetheless.

Azoff passed right by me, along with a couple of "suits" who appeared to be going into some behind the scenes inner sanctum. Probably the money room. He smiled at me but that was about it. Probably thought I worked there who knows but anyway sometimes I just have dumb luck.

Carol-Lynn

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I heard they added SBR and HL. I'm soo glad they added those songs back and they finally have a song from the LROOE CD. And what a great choice.

When I read the article from Don about they added a few songs, I had a feeling HL will be in there and I was surprise with SBR.

Also. I saw pictures from last night. The goatee is finally gone. I really hope he doesn't grow it back.
    Can you please provide a link to whatever photos you saw. I saw the Billboard one.

Surely if they were going to add 7BR they could have sung the whole song. How Long is not a surprise.