The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Announcements > Border News

Border News For board announcements. Topics are started by admin/mods in this forum but anyone can reply.

Old 05-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #661
East Texas Girl
Border Desperado

Default Re: Today in Eagles History

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
Surely we should have a big ol' street party to celebrate it - somewhere appropriate, maybe Jackson Browne's house or if Jackson objects maybe Winslow, Arizona!

TIE gave me comfort this morning as I was undergoing a minor medical procedure. It was playing in the doctor's office as they photographed the area that would be worked on. And as I walked out after the procedure, Take It to the Limit was playing. It was a sign!
A street party would be awesome!!

NMB, I hope all is well with you! I would definitely take that as a great sign especially both songs.
East Texas Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #662
NightMistBlue
Stuck on the Border

Thank you, ETG! I'm feeling no pain, thank the Lord and the Eagles too.

Sorry to go OT, everyone.
NightMistBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:50 PM   #663
Delilah
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Surely we should have a big ol' street party to celebrate it - somewhere appropriate, maybe Jackson Browne's house or if Jackson objects maybe Winslow, Arizona!

TIE gave me comfort this morning as I was undergoing a minor medical procedure. It was playing in the doctor's office as they photographed the area that would be worked on. And as I walked out after the procedure, Take It to the Limit was playing. It was a sign!
It's great that TIE gave you comfort, NMB. And yes, TITTL was a good sign with good Randy vibes! I'm glad to hear you're feeling fine.

Take it to the limit, one more time.
Delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:53 PM   #664
Dawn
Border Rebel

On this date 1977 Life in the Fast Lane was released as a single.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:55 AM   #665
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

The famous softball against RS was 39 years ago yesterday. I did not know that Peter Cetera was part of the Eagles team. All these years since I became a fan and knew about this game, I didn't know Peter was on their team.

Also 40 years ago yesterday, Hotel California went to no. 1.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
shunlvswx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:10 PM   #666
NightMistBlue
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
The famous softball against RS was 39 years ago yesterday. I did not know that Peter Cetera was part of the Eagles team. All these years since I became a fan and knew about this game, I didn't know Peter was on their team.
He was quoted some years ago as secretly wishing that the Eagles would have extended an invitation for him to join their band, because of all the interpersonal turmoil in Chicago (apparently he didn't know the Eagles had similar problems).

Way OT: do you like Peter? He was in an old movie I saw last night "Electra Glide in Blue." I could hardly recognize him. Some stills of Peter riding a motorsickle in the movie: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread....647274/page-7
Old 05-10-2017, 12:19 PM   #667
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

Yeah I like Peter. I mostly like the songs he sang with Chicago and a few of his solo songs. I was mad at him for not being at the RnR HoF because I wanted him to be there with his old bandmates, but I heard the reason why. I wasn't mad at him for long.

I wonder what's the history with Peter and the Eagles(other than the game) because I was shocked that he was on their team.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
shunlvswx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:43 PM   #668
NightMistBlue
Stuck on the Border

June 1, 1972! You all know what happened! Greatness happened. Indelible music and memories were launched.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:04 PM   #669
East Texas Girl
Border Desperado

Quote:
June 1, 1972! You all know what happened! Greatness happened. Indelible music and memories were launched.
I am so thankful for this day! What would we do without them?
East Texas Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #670
LuvTim
Stuck on the Border

Released July 1, 1975, Timothy's great Poco album, Head Over Heels, is still one of my favorites - just love it. A wonderful day for Timothy!

It's all in your smile that brings
All of the special things about you
LuvTim is offline   Reply With Quote