The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Eagles Discussion Areas > Eagles

Eagles Hang out on The Border with the Eagles.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #91
YoungEaglesFan
Border Desperado

Default Re: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Thank you Deliah, I like this version much more the one on Eagles Live. I like having Randy singing the harmonies. Makes it much better in my opinion
YoungEaglesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:36 PM   #92
Freypower
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
I donít necessarily agree with his view on it but it obviously he doesnít feel comfortable with those things just floating out there. I can respect his feelings
You miss my point. If it was a record which was legitimately released & purchased he cannot complain about it. It isn't a bootleg.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:42 PM   #93
YoungEaglesFan
Border Desperado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
You miss my point. If it was a record which was legitimately released & purchased he cannot complain about it. It isn't a bootleg.
I understood that it was sarcasm. Iím just saying I understand that he wouldnít want it out there anymore. Different phase in his life. Obviously he doesnít have a legal right unlike a bootleg but he is stil entitled to feel that way and I donít think what he is doing is necessarily wrong. Though I personally wished he didnít feel that way
YoungEaglesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:13 AM   #94
Funk 50
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
Mr "Malcontent" has every right to express his opinions, although most artists think better of criticising their own material. When asked are there any Eagles tracks that he'd like to re-record, Henley's answer was "All of them"

Maybe Henley would have preferred to re-record Hotel California material rather than release demo stuff from the past but it really isn't the right time for that.
Funk 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #95
Freypower
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
Mr "Malcontent" has every right to express his opinions, although most artists think better of criticising their own material. When asked are there any Eagles tracks that he'd like to re-record, Henley's answer was "All of them"

Maybe Henley would have preferred to re-record Hotel California material rather than release demo stuff from the past but it really isn't the right time for that.
It's not about expressing his opinions. It's about trying to get rid of something which he originally sanctioned & now he's embarrassed by.