Thread: Jimmy Buffett

Default Jimmy Buffett

Didn't see a thread dedicated to Jimmy Buffett (but if there one, please feel free to merge this thread with that one).

Interesting article about Jimmy Buffett through the years and today.

Jimmy Buffett Does Not Live the Jimmy Buffett Lifestyle

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/08/a...lifestyle.html

OT: With as many times as they give Timothy B. credit for the Parrothead term, you'd think he'd get royalties from it lol.

He sold his fans quality, spell-checked T-shirts. He played clubs all over the country, but it was the crowds in landlocked areas that seemed to love him most. In Pittsburgh, he and his Coral Reefer band mates noticed that fans had started wearing Hawaiian shirts, just like they did, to the shows. One night, in Cincinnati, his bass player Timothy B. Schmit (also of the Eagles) likened them to Deadheads, the way Grateful Dead fans would follow that band. And so they were christened Parrotheads, just as a joke, but then fans began to wear feathers and beak masks to shows. “In their minds they wanted to go to the ocean,” he said. He understood he was bringing the ocean to them. He was no longer just a singer. Now he was a guru.
    I've never seen him in concert, but he's kind of a hero in my home state (plus there's a Margaritaville Resort & Hotel about an hour from where I live lol.)

A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....

Default Re: Jimmy Buffett

Last Jimmy Buffet concert I went to was in October 2000 in Honolulu. It was the Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday Tour. Not a super fan but I do love alot of his songs, eg A Pirate Looks At 40, Come Monday, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Changes in Latitudes, Margaritaville. I had a great time!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Default Re: Jimmy Buffett

Jimmy Buffet Broadway show "Escape to Margaritaville" runs out of Margaritas first preview performance

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...argaritas.html

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016