Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Movies of Rock and Rollers?

Default Favorite Movies of Rock and Rollers?

I just heard John Fogerty mention some great movies (The Devil and Daniel Webster and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre) and thought to myself, "The best usually love the best" - and might find some great recommendations this way, but I think you can tell more about someone's movie interests than their music.. I'd say the same for comedy.

Of course, I'm curious to hear favorite movies of the Eagles, and some other greats.

Default Re: Favorite Movies of Rock and Rollers?

Stevie Nicks really likes the Twilight movies... although I would not recommend those! She says Bella and Edward remind her of herself and Lindsey. She also really likes the movie Wide Sargasso Sea, although I don't know if any of these are all-time faves. Her fave scary movie is The Haunting of Hill House.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Don't know if this counts, but Robin Gibb (Bee Gees) never saw the movie Saturday Night Fever despite having co-wrote part of the film's soundtrack:

"It's not that I can't watch it," he told BBC Radio 4's Front Row programme. "It's just that I'm restless."

The star even admitted he had walked out of the film's US premiere in 1977 after just 30 minutes.
    Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7689859.stm

So we know what was NOT one of his favorite movies lol.
    Last edited by FannyBeTender; 01-27-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by FannyBeTender View Post
    Don't know if this counts, but Robin Gibb (Bee Gees) never saw the movie Saturday Night Fever despite having co-wrote part of the film's soundtrack:
    Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7689859.stm
    So we know what was NOT one of his favorite movies lol.
    Wow, can't believe Robin Gibb never saw the whole movie. I was not a fan of disco but liked SNF and I also liked the soundtrack album.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Barry Gibb mentioned that he and his brothers saw raw footage of the movie so that they could evaluate how their music was used. They gave feedback on certain technical aspects, like Barry said you could hear the dancers' steps on the floor while the music was playing, which is not how it would be in real life obviously.

Back on topic: we know that the Eagles were fans of the Monty Python movies.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Barry Gibb mentioned that he and his brothers saw raw footage of the movie so that they could evaluate how their music was used. They gave feedback on certain technical aspects, like Barry said you could hear the dancers' steps on the floor while the music was playing, which is not how it would be in real life obviously.

As a massive Python fan, that is news to me, but it gives me a chance to mention that Elvis Presley loved Holy Grail.

Stuck on the Border

I did not know the Eagles were big Monty Python fans. Learn something new every day. It makes sense though, they were in London working on their first three album when MP was on British tv and at the height of their popularity.

I read somewhere that Mark Hoppus's(of Blink 182) favorite movie is Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I did not know the Eagles were big Monty Python fans. Learn something new every day. It makes sense though, they were in London working on their first three album when MP was on British tv and at the height of their popularity.
    I think it's the Seattle concert - or is it Houston? - that Randy and Joe come back onstage together for the encore prancing on their imaginary ponies, like in the Holy Grail movie. Randy's friend Joey Stec confirms (on the liner notes to one of Randy's post-Eagles releases) that the Meis appreciates British humor in general and Monty Python in particular.

You can also hear Glenn and it sounds like Don H. reciting dialogue from the Holy Grail on the Soul Pole recordings.

Stuck on the Border

I think it's the Seattle concert - or is it Houston? - that Randy and Joe come back onstage together for the encore prancing on their imaginary ponies, like in the Holy Grail movie. Randy's friend Joey Stec confirms (on the liner notes to one of Randy's post-Eagles releases) that the Meis appreciates British humor in general and Monty Python in particular.
    You can also hear Glenn and it sounds like Don H. reciting dialogue from the Holy Grail on the Soul Pole recordings.
    Hi NMB - Good Morning ! If I remember right it is the Houston concert where Randy & Joe come prancing back on stage. Glenn throws a towel into the audience. I never paid too much attention to their t-shirts. I will have to watch it again. What are the Soul Pole recordings ?