Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sues for wrongful death

Out on the Border

Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I really really really really hope Glenn wasn't neglected. I really don't want to think about that if they did, but if they did. I hope Cindy goes after everybody who is responsible for Glenn's death.

I'm really not surprised about this. I had a feeling she might sue.
    Yes, I have been thinking about this all day too. I just hope poor Glenn didn't have to suffer because of any negligence.

It breaks my heart actually.

Am totally behind Glenn's family at this time. Hopefully there will be answers soon as to what actually happened.

From UCR:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/glenn...letter_4572276

More or less the same info. My Mum died in a very similar way - rheumatoid arthritis and ulcerative colitis plus pneumonia at the end. She was 67 too. The hospital gave us the runaround with our complaints till we gave up. Hope Cindy can stay strong to fight them.

SS
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

You don't sue someone because you think it's a possibility that they might have been negligent, but you hope they weren't.

You sue because you have reason to believe they WERE negligent, and you want them to pay.
    Yes, exactly. I know a little about medical malpractice (I'm a lawyer), although it's not an area I practice in. She wouldn't be going forward if she didn't have a reasonable ground to believe the doctor and hospital provided improper medical care. She is likely looking at years of litigation. It is very hard to prove a claim like this and I wish her the best of luck.

I do wonder, though, how this was leaked to the public. Does TMZ and the like go through the court clerk's website across the country hoping that something will be filed relating to a celebrity? How would they know?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    They had to know all the side effects for years before. There must be more to the story.
    Yes, I have to believe given the type of immune suppressant medication especially biologics Glenn may have been taking he would have been made aware of the risks of infection and other issues. A compromisd and/or weakened immune system is a very serious concern.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I don't know how many times Glenn contracted pneumonia in his lifetime but I do know while making After Hours in late September he had been diagnosed with pneumonia and did not want to be hospitalized.

He talks about it here:

https://artofthesong.org/glenn-frey-...t-3-a-tribute/

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I do wonder, though, how this was leaked to the public. Does TMZ and the like go through the court clerk's website across the country hoping that something will be filed relating to a celebrity? How would they know?
    Hi Groupie - TMZ (the Thirty Mile Zone aka LA filming area) has moles in the courts in LA and I now assume in NY as well. They ALWAYS get the info, eventually, and they are often the first to get it. (I'm a lawyer too and yes I read TMZ and yes I'm a member of an Eagles fan site LOL) They just grab anything with a famous person's name on it when it gets filed.

There must be some solid evidence of negligence here, because eventually the details of Glenn's illness and treatment will become public and who would want that? Nobody. Or, they filed just to preserve the right and will end up dropping it or quietly settling with no discovery, etc...

Think about Glenn's earning potential over the next 10 years - literally hundreds of millions of dollars gross, easily, if touring.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Yes, exactly. I know a little about medical malpractice (I'm a lawyer), although it's not an area I practice in. She wouldn't be going forward if she didn't have a reasonable ground to believe the doctor and hospital provided improper medical care. She is likely looking at years of litigation. It is very hard to prove a claim like this and I wish her the best of luck.

Found a little bit more info:

In the suit, filed Tuesday in New York Supreme Court, Cindy Frey names the Mount Sinai Hospital, Icahn School of Medicine as well as physician Steven Itzkowitz.

“At all times herein mentioned, the defendants each undertook and agreed to render medical care and treatment to Glenn Frey and did render certain care starting on October 19, 2015,” the suit reads.

Frey died on Jan. 18 in 2016 at age 67.

The suit alleges that the defendants “were negligent and careless in the services rendered or and on behalf of Glenn Frey.”

Among the alleged negligence: Failing to “promptly and properly render medical care; causing, permitting and allowing preventable injury and death; failing to promptly and properly treat ulcerative colitis and associated symptoms and diseases of the bowel; failing to promptly and properly assess the patient for respiratory issues; failing to promptly and properly diagnose and treat infection” and “failing to promptly and properly hospitalize the patient.”

“As a result of the foregoing acts of negligence, Glenn Frey was rendered sick, lame and disabled, suffered injuries, pain, mental anguish, was compelled to seek medical care and attention, incurred expenses thereof, and was permanently injured and disabled until the time of his death,” the suit reads."

Source: https://www.thewrap.com/glenn-freys-...rongful-death/

Edited to add:

She (Cindy Frey) charged that gastroenterologist Steven Itzkowitz botched the treatment of the musician’s ulcerative colitis between Oct. 19, 2015, and November 2015.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3760795
    Last edited by Dawn; 01-17-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Hi Groupie - TMZ (the Thirty Mile Zone aka LA filming area) has moles in the courts in LA and I now assume in NY as well. They ALWAYS get the info, eventually, and they are often the first to get it. (I'm a lawyer too and yes I read TMZ and yes I'm a member of an Eagles fan site LOL) They just grab anything with a famous person's name on it when it gets filed.

There must be some solid evidence of negligence here, because eventually the details of Glenn's illness and treatment will become public and who would want that? Nobody. Or, they filed just to preserve the right and will end up dropping it or quietly settling with no discovery, etc...

Think about Glenn's earning potential over the next 10 years - literally hundreds of millions of dollars gross, easily, if touring.
    Hi MC - it's nice to know there's another lawyer on here! (I feel the same way, LOL, lawyer by day, member of eagles fan site and reader of TMZ by night).

I thought about that too, that they filed this just to preserve the right, since it was filed 2 days before the statute of limitations expired.

I read the complaint (available to the public through NY courts website) and it doesn't give a lot of information, but complaints in New York never do. More details would come out in discovery, if it goes that far.

I often wondered if the family would pursue a lawsuit. At the time of Glenn's death I suspected something must have gone wrong and that someone had either diagnosed something incorrectly or treated something incorrectly. With all the new medications on the market for Autoimmune diseases, it's very scary. The Doctors are told to " push" new medications on patients for their disease. I know because I have 2 autoimmune diseases and have tried some of the newer medications with wicked side effects. I'm just glad I'm in a position to think clearly and not be so sick that I can't still speak for myself on how I prefer my treatment to go. Being in a hospital these days is scary business. You can go in with one ailment and end up contracting others! I feel for his family having to dredge up all this stuff again. I hope MC is correct in saying that Mrs. Frey might have filed to preserve the right and that everything will be settled quietly. I personally do not want to know the facts involved on how this man came to pass away.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Great to have lawyers on the border! I am not a lawyer but based on the details that have been made public it appears to me this all goes back to what did and did not happen during a specific timeframe: October 19, 2015 to some time in November 2015.