Thread: Those we lost in 2017

Default Those we lost in 2017

Very sad to see so many and particularly my lovely Grant Hart. Miss you.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/2017-...letter_4572276

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelreviews.blogspo...ndon-film.html

Default Re: Those we lost in 2017

The ones that hit the hardest for me, although all will be missed:

Tom Petty
    David Cassidy
    Glen Campbell
    Chris Cornell
    J. Geils
    Gregg Allman
    Malcolm Young
    Chuck Berry
    Fats Domino

RIP!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Personally, I was positively devastated when I heard the shocking news that Tom Petty had passed away. He had just wrapped up a very successful tour and was looking forward to spending time with his grandchild and just enjoying the freedom from the demands and expectations that come with touring.

I knew Glenn Campbell was in the end stages of his illness and had hoped his passing would be peaceful. I absolutley adore all his work and am thankful for the many beautiful songs and music he recorded in his lifetime.

These are just my thougts on 2 of all the special people we lost in 2017.

RIP to each and every one.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Personally, I was positively devastated when I heard the shocking news that Tom Petty had passed away. He had just wrapped up a very successful tour and was looking forward to spending time with his grandchild and just enjoying the freedom from the demands and expectations that come with touring.

I knew Glenn Campbell was in the end stages of his illness and had hoped his passing would be peaceful. I absolutley adore all his work and am thankful for the many beautiful songs and music he recorded in his lifetime.

These are just my thougts on 2 of all the special people we lost in 2017.

RIP to each and every one.
    I agree - another sad year with a bunch of wonderful and talented people. I was also shocked about Tom Petty. He was only going to be 67 in 2 weeks. I felt the same about GC - I hoped his passing was peaceful too.
    RIP to all passed last year.

NKIT, I don't know if you subscribe to Netflix but I dropped my cable and rely mostly on WIFI for everything including Netflix which is a relative bargain IMHO.

The History of the Eagles documentary is on Netflix. So is Running Down The Dream Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers documentary and I'll Be Me, the Glenn Campbll documentary which is excellent.

Stuck on the Border

Dawn - Thanks for the heads up. I do not subscribe to Netflix. I have cable. I have the dvd for HOTE and maybe when I visit my sister I can watch the Tom Petty movie. she streams Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Dawn - Thanks for the heads up. I do not subscribe to Netflix. I have cable. I have the dvd for HOTE and maybe when I visit my sister I can watch the Tom Petty movie. she streams Netflix.
    Ok, that's sounds like a plan, I really think you would like the Petty documentary as well as the one about Glenn Campbell's farewell tour, though it is hard at times to see him struggle, it was reality. Both are excellent IMHO.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

For me Glen Campbell was one of the musicians I cut my teeth on and I was genuinely sorry (but not surprised) when I heard of his death. Tom Petty too was a shock as I had been to his show in Newark less than 4 months previously.

However while I see 2016 as the year the world lost many musicians including our beloved Glenn 2017 was more personal as I lost my Dad, My aunt (His s-i-l) a cousin and the priest that married us - a dear family friend for over 50 years within less than 3 months. Quite a number of my parents' friends have also died over the last 12 month and some of my friends have also lost their parents too.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    For me Glen Campbell was one of the musicians I cut my teeth on and I was genuinely sorry (but not surprised) when I heard of his death. Tom Petty too was a shock as I had been to his show in Newark less than 4 months previously.

However while I see 2016 as the year the world lost many musicians including our beloved Glenn 2017 was more personal as I lost my Dad, My aunt (His s-i-l) a cousin and the priest that married us - a dear family friend for over 50 years within less than 3 months. Quite a number of my parents' friends have also died over the last 12 month and some of my friends have also lost their parents too.
    GA - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father, aunt and other family members and friends. It is heart breaking when it happens. My thought and prayers are with you and your family. I know the holidays had to be very difficult for you and your family.