Page 123 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

My vacation was a mixed bag, to say the least.

The day after I got there I came down with stomach flu. I was still able to do everything I wanted to get done while I was there as far as eating out at different places and shopping but 2 days of the trip were wasted on that stupid stomach bug. I was there for almost 10 days though so I still had time to do things.

Then, the night before I flew home, I get the call from my mom that my dog is in bad shape and she and dad are taking him to have him put down as he has been in bad health and but I thought he would be ok for awhile longer. Then the next day, I flew home and I got home Tuesday. Walking in the door was really rough.

I always try to highlight the good parts with the bad. I got to eat at a lot of cool places and I also went to the Apple Store and got an Apple Watch (luckily I did that earlier in the day because later that night is when my bug kicked in). I went to the beach once also, which was nice. I tried to enjoy myself. I'm thankful that the news about my dog was at the very end of my trip, as I would have had a harder time enjoying myself during the trip. Again, trying to stay mildly positive.

I've had better vacations to be sure, but both bad things I had no control over. I have to appreciate the good parts of the trip. And now I get to turn around tomorrow and head up to the Quad Cities for the REO, Styx, and Don Felder concert I've had tickets to for a long time now. I probably won't be in the best of moods, but music can have great effects on you and I'm hoping for a good night.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    My vacation was a mixed bag, to say the least.

The day after I got there I came down with stomach flu. I was still able to do everything I wanted to get done while I was there as far as eating out at different places and shopping but 2 days of the trip were wasted on that stupid stomach bug. I was there for almost 10 days though so I still had time to do things.

Then, the night before I flew home, I get the call from my mom that my dog is in bad shape and she and dad are taking him to have him put down as he has been in bad health and but I thought he would be ok for awhile longer. Then the next day, I flew home and I got home Tuesday. Walking in the door was really rough.

I always try to highlight the good parts with the bad. I got to eat at a lot of cool places and I also went to the Apple Store and got an Apple Watch (luckily I did that earlier in the day because later that night is when my bug kicked in). I went to the beach once also, which was nice. I tried to enjoy myself. I'm thankful that the news about my dog was at the very end of my trip, as I would have had a harder time enjoying myself during the trip. Again, trying to stay mildly positive.

I've had better vacations to be sure, but both bad things I had no control over. I have to appreciate the good parts of the trip. And now I get to turn around tomorrow and head up to the Quad Cities for the REO, Styx, and Don Felder concert I've had tickets to for a long time now. I probably won't be in the best of moods, but music can have great effects on you and I'm hoping for a good night.
    Oh Austin, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. They are such a part of our family. It really sucks that you got the stomach bug but at least it was not the flu and you had some time to enjoy yourself. I know how much you love Don Felder, I hope you have a great time. I have heard he puts on an enjoyable show. Music is good for the soul.

Border Rebel

Aww, so sorry about your dog. I'm glad you at least had some fun when you weren't sick. Glad you're going to the concert. Have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-reveals.html

Apparently there is a book out that reveals some of Joe's wilder times.
    The sad thing is, there is a great story to be had in how Joe overcame his demons and returned to superstar status. This ain't it.
    It's pathetic to me to dredge up someone's unsavory past (25 years ago!) for profit. It shows no respect for Joe, his family, or herself.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

FF, I agree. People that do this are just looking for $$$!

Austin, glad you had a good vacation and so sorry about your dog. It's very hard to lose a beloved pet.

Have fun at the concert!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Austin, so sorry about the loss of your dog! They really are like members of the family. Heartbreaking.

Regarding this book... it sounds really distasteful. Is the whole book going to be describing Joe's binges and kinks? I don't judge people who want to engage in some dom/sub role-playing and consensual bondage to spice things up, but it sounds like he was into some darker, grosser stuff. I guess it doesn't surprise me in that they were all so hedonistic, but I hadn't ever thought about Joe in that way... and I don't want to! At least the hooker book only had short segments. This sucker is over 300 pages.

Man.

I hate that Stevie is going to be talked about in this book. This woman has the nerve to insult Stevie... she wishes she were even one iota as amazing as Stevie Nicks! And what the freak was Joe thinking, giving her Stevie's clothes?! That is NOT cool!! (Sorry, I had to say that, lol.)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

It's amazing what people will do for money. You'd think she would be embarrassed by all she did. Instead she turns it into a 300 page book. I agree with FF, it really is a great story regarding Joe being able to over come his demons and become clean and sober for almost 25 years.
    Soda, I think this women does not care who she insults as long as she sells lots of books. Sad......

I find the Walsh personal stuff really weird but what bothers me more is that she is putting this all in a book and revealing their personal lives like that. Very distasteful and wrong in my opinion

Is anybody going to buy it? I think I might, but I will wait and buy it used for a couple bucks, then skim it to see if there's any good stuff buried in the gunk.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Is anybody going to buy it? I think I might, but I will wait and buy it used for a couple bucks, then skim it to see if there's any good stuff buried in the gunk.
    Nope. Not into the whole groupie book thing.

I did watch Pamela Des Barres' documentary on VH1 a few years back out of sheer curiosity and that was enough for me. Obviously I can't share my "love" in that regard of those guys and I don't care to know those details of them. But none of their stories can even hold up to a book like "The Dirt" by Motley Crue. You want crude, there ya go.

In the case of this book, I also find it distasteful.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."