Page 118 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I think a technology ban is worth persevering with. If enough acts start to enforce it, it will become socially unacceptable, especially if the band, after a polite but firm warning, leave the stage until transgressors have been dealt with.

All this personal tech stuff is still pretty new. Currently, paying top dollar for iffy seats in huge arenas, audience members "bloated with entitlement", feel they've paid for the privilege of using their tech during concerts.

I hope, people will eventually get the message that sometimes it's appropriate to switch it off and put it away, even if it's likely you'll get away with acting in such a selfish and ignorant manner.
    Having your Cell Phone out wanting to take pictures of your experience at a concert isn't Selfish or Ignorant, Its wanting to keep memories of your night.

Hello!!! New poster here!

Just got my tickets for the Atlantic City show...yea! I noticed on the ticket that it states no cameras or video. Does this include your cell phone too?

I read where Munford & Sons banned cell phones which Henley supported.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Having your Cell Phone out wanting to take pictures of your experience at a concert isn't Selfish or Ignorant, Its wanting to keep memories of your night.
    I tend to agree because I went to four shows where I could have taken some incredible photos, especially on the last night, and I wasn't allowed to do so. It left a bad taste in my mouth. It also left the entire audience feeling that they had been subjected to a lecture (not by the band themselves, but the effect was the same). I understand all the arguments against this but I don't want to film them, only take photos. I don't know what's wrong with that, especially as the only official photos are of the first handful of songs.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    Hello!!! New poster here!

Just got my tickets for the Atlantic City show...yea! I noticed on the ticket that it states no cameras or video. Does this include your cell phone too?

I read where Munford & Sons banned cell phones which Henley supported.
    The Eagles do not ban cell phones in the building, but security will leap all over you if you take it out of your pocket or purse during the concert (I'm not joking). No use of it is allowed at all unless you want to go to the concourse.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I tend to agree because I went to four shows where I could have taken some incredible photos, especially on the last night, and I wasn't allowed to do so. It left a bad taste in my mouth. It also left the entire audience feeling that they had been subjected to a lecture (not by the band themselves, but the effect was the same). I understand all the arguments against this but I don't want to film them, only take photos. I don't know what's wrong with that, especially as the only official photos are of the first handful of songs.
    What's wrong with it is that most people cannot be trusted to not video with it. Having it out and up means security needs to make a subjective call. Also, it is extremely selfish and rude if it interferes with another person's concert experience. As I said in the Seger thread, the show I saw in January, I was in row 8. Most would consider that a good seat. I missed quite a bit of seeing him because the people in front of me held their phones over their heads. They had to, since the six rows in front of them were doing the same thing. It was frustrating, I drove for 16 hours to see other people's cell phones for nearly a third of the concert.

ETA: Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a few pictures from each show I attend, but people have pretty much proven they can't help being selfish and rude for an entire concert.
    VK

Stuck on the Border

I understand all of that.

Perhaps if the Eagles ever released photos of themselves, or ever released a new DVD/Blu Ray, the problem wouldn't be so pervasive. They could embrace new technology themselves, like their so called website.

The reason I came here was to say that Don had the 25-year Walden Woods message put on his Facebook page. This is two non-Eagles related messages in a week and I wonder what alien has taken over his body? I love it, of course, and am hoping he's just warming us up for other big announcements. Like an album release and a tour...

Here's a link to his Facebook page for those who may not have 'liked' it yet.

https://www.facebook.com/donhenley?fref=nf
    VK

Another article, here Don is only mentioned. The article is about the right of publicity.

http://www.blogher.com/what-robin-wi...icity?from=pop
    VK

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    You're right EagleLady, wanting to take pictures isn't selfish or ignorant, doing it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    You're right EagleLady, wanting to take pictures isn't selfish or ignorant, doing it is.
    Doing it isn't. If you want memories of your concert experience, why is that Selfish or Ignorant to you? Its not hurting anyone to use your phone to take pics.