Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate private Eagles gig

Stuck on the Border

Default The ultimate private Eagles gig

So we've won the lottery and are putting together the gig of all gigs. We have a budget of millions, so we're not going to settle for a 90 minute set of greatest hits. The venue will be small enough that we all get a good seat, and to make it fair, we'll play musical chairs between songs. There will be room for dancing without blocking anyone's view, too. There's time for each Eagle to perform a solo set with his own touring band and maybe a few special guests. We can even have different takes on the same song.

What's the setlist? Which guests?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: The ultimate private Eagles gig

Oh my, I'll have to think about this and come back!! I do know that my setlist would involve Don singing HOTM TWICE, not just once.

Can we come up with what clothes to wear, too?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Oh wow - big decisions to make!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

We'll set up the place so the area in front of the stage - a large one - is for standing and dancing, and the other seats will be elevated so that one can see over the heads of the folks in front if one wishes to sit. The seats will be far enough apart so that you don't feel crammed in like sardines.

If our funds are limitless, we can pay them an extra million for every song they do in addition to their typical Greatest Hits set! Two million if they haven't played it live since the seventies! Four million if they've NEVER played it live before!

And NO NACHOS ALLOWED IN THE VENUE if I have anything to say about it! How I hate it when the folks next to me are crunching on their stinky messy nachos during songs, dripping that nasty psuedo-cheese onto the floor! (no offense if you are a fan of those nachos).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Can we take pictures too?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Maybe we can hire an official photographer and let the Eagles look over his / her photos and get rid of any unflattering ones. That way we don't have to worry about taking photos and the Eagles don't have to worry about being distracted or being caught at a bad angle.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

No nachos. I think we can have a civilised break for dinner. Maybe even a cocktail bar with Glenn in lounge lizard mode. I've been wondering how to fit some of the After Hours songs into the main set without them seeming out of place.

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

A rotating stage so everyone gets to see from all angles.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Border Troubadour

The only two things I would request is a fair amount of long gone songs (Bitter Creek, Outlaw Man, Good Day in Hell and After the Thrill Is Gone for starters) and no backing musicians except Steuart Smith.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well I have been uber busy lately and have hardly had time to read the board, must less actually post. But this is the kind of thread that I can unwind and let my imagination fly. Since this is a personal gig and the sky is the limit, I say we do a three-day festival. The 1st night is Eagles concert, Part 1 to include their entire catalog from the first four albums - Eagles, Desperado, On the Border, and One of These Nights, plus Seven Bridges Road and Please Come Home for Christmas. Day 2 is an all day affair with meet and greets with all band members interspersed between 2-hour solo shows from Don, Glenn, Joe, and Timothy throughout the day and evening with each of them taking a few requests at their individual shows. Then Day 3 will be Eagles concert, Part 2 to include their entire catalog from Hotel California, The Long Run, four new songs from Hell Freezes Over, and Long Road Out of Eden.

Sounds like a fun time to me.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016