Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Least favourite Eagles song?

Default Re: Least favourite Eagles song?

Aw, I love "Most Of Us Are Sad"! Yeah, its title makes it sound like it's going to be uninspired, but then you listen to it and it's gorgeous with emotional resonance to boot.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I like Take the Devil. It was my second favourite from the first album until I learned to love country rock.

Stuck on the Border

Adding to the two comments above...I love all the songs on that five-song list except Disco Strangler. I was "enchanted by" I Wish You Peace for some reason when I first heard it as a teenager. I even asked if our band at the time could play it. We never did, and I'm glad we didn't because it wouldn't have worked with that kind of a band! (the other guys probably thought that something had happened to my head).

And I have always loved Teenage Jail. I don't quite understand why most people - including the band - think that it's terrible. When I was a teenager I didn't realize that it was dark humor. When you listen to Don in the choruses, it should be obvious! I love the riff, which is the same as the verse melody, and combined with Glenn's voice it sounds (I can't find the right words in English) twisted and slightly evil. I love that in music as long as I can come back to light when a song ends.

Border Troubadour

Thanks IABAD, that's kind of what I was aiming for here, it would probably have invoked more varied choices and firey debate had I put that but in the end I went for what I did.

It does seem interesting though that it is literally the fillers on Eagles and The Long Run that seem to constitute 95% of general choices.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Thanks IABAD, that's kind of what I was aiming for here, it would probably have invoked more varied choices and firey debate had I put that but in the end I went for what I did.

It does seem interesting though that it is literally the fillers on Eagles and The Long Run that seem to constitute 95% of general choices.
    For me the filler tracks are on my least favourite album, One Of These Nights; I Wish You Peace, Visions & to a lesser extent Journey Of The Sorcerer, and I don't share the enthusiasm of some for Hollywood Waltz & (especially) After The Thrill Is Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    For me the filler tracks are on my least favourite album, One Of These Nights; I Wish You Peace, Visions & to a lesser extent Journey Of The Sorcerer, and I don't share the enthusiasm of some for Hollywood Waltz & (especially) After The Thrill Is Gone.
    I agree about fillers on OOTN, but I do like HW & I love ATTIG. Oddly enough, it is Glenn's favourite album. Hearing him talk about it I think maybe it has more to do with the recording of the album than the album itself. However, he has often named the title song as his favourite Eagles' song.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I agree about fillers on OOTN, but I do like HW & I love ATTIG. Oddly enough, it is Glenn's favourite album. Hearing him talk about it I think maybe it has more to do with the recording of the album than the album itself. However, he has often named the title song as his favourite Eagles' song.
    I know that the title song is his favourite, but does that necessarily mean the album is also his favourite? Is there a source for this?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I heard him say during an interview for AF back in 2012 that OOTN was his favorite song. I figured it meant he and I had more in common than blue eyes, being left-handed, and loving sports (although he appears to cheer for all the wrong teams). OOTN is definitely my favorite Eagles song, and the album, while not my favorite is probably second. I really like ATTIG, it's one of those songs whose lyrics meshed with so many things throughout my life.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I know that the title song is his favourite, but does that necessarily mean the album is also his favourite? Is there a source for this?
    Yes. I have heard and/or read this more than once, but my memory isn't very good these days. If I can find it I'll let you know.

Border Troubadour

My nomination for 'can't understand why everyone loves it so much' is... One of These Nights. The guitar solo is often times the only reason I listen to it. I don't actually think I've ever watched it fully through on the F1 or Washington '77 DVDs and can't off hand think of the last time I listened to it. Just never really clicked for me.

I have to say I feel the same way about the album too - ever since I've heard Randy's live versions I can't settle back into the studio version of TITTL, so literally the only two songs I actively listen to from it are Lyin' Eyes and ATTIG. HW is OK but Visions, JOTS, TMH, OOTN and IWYP largely do nothing for me.

(NB - IWYP is the first song I ever got in a request for on a national radio station - it was requests night and I emailed in 'Anything Eagles'. IWYP was their choice. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry!)