Thread: Eagles tabs/chords

Default Eagles tabs/chords

I didn't know if there was already a topic related to this yet, but I was hoping if someone could help me with the chords to the "Desperado" section of "Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise?" Specifically Glenn's part with a capo on the 2nd fret.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles tabs/chords

I don't know that there's a topic on it yet, but you're speaking Greek to me!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Have you got the chords to it and not sure how to play them or do you need the chords first?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I've never listened to it that closely, but I just did - with headphones. It wasn't hard to hear what each guitar is doing BEFORE THE DRUMS COME IN. After that I can't hear what they play. I hear the basic chords of course, but not how exactly they play them. But I don't think it matters that much what kind of voicings you use when you strum those chords.

If you can't find the answer from the internet (or someone else here), I can do a TAB of what both guitars to before the drums come in and send it to you via email. (or if such attachments are possible in this forum, I can try to put it here.)
    Last edited by chaim; 07-06-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Here's the first guitar...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuck on the Border

And the second one...For some reason the size of the pictures diminished dramatically when I uploaded them here.

I listened to the song and transcribed those without a guitar, but I believe that I wrote down what I heard pretty accurately.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    And the second one...For some reason the size of the pictures diminished dramatically when I uploaded them here.

I listened to the song and transcribed those without a guitar, but I believe that I wrote down what I heard pretty accurately.
    Thanks chaim!!! Yeah I just gotta figure out the chords after the drums come in.

Stuck on the Border

No problem. The tiny text in the first attachment is not readable. It says that whoever plays that guitar, picks the B-string during the D chord before his finger is on the 7th fret of that string. So instead of the f sharp note we hear the open B string briefly. It produces a D6 sound, which IMO is rather nice here. But I don't think the player did this deliberately, so I wrote down the "actual" chord when he has placed his fingers on the 7th fret (on the G- and B-strings).

When the drums start, the chords are:

A, E/G#, F#m, A, D, F#m/C#, Hm
    A, E, D* A, A7
    Then it repeats D, A (A7)

For the guitar with the capo this is of course:

G, D/F#, Em, G, C, Em/B, Am
    G, D, C*, G, (G7), C, G.....

Now - without headphones - I can hear the strummed guitars more clearly for some reason. They are playing the very basic versions of the chords - nothing fancy. The "capoless" guitarist doesn't worry about the G# bass in the E chord. He just plays an E major chord and lets Randy take care of the G sharp.

*When they play this chord for the first time, at least one of the guitarists plays a maj7 chord after the triad.
    Last edited by chaim; 07-08-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow! I'm in awe since this is all completely Greek to me.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016