Page 281 of 303 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3027

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

I just signed up a new customer with the last name 'Meisner'. I so wanted to ask if she had ever heard of Randy, but refrained!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Looks like a cool store!

This morning at work I was going through my emails and saw one from ontrack, which is a health and lifestyle site for employees, and the subject line was Sugar: the real story.

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the Little Things that Remind you of Other Borderers thread!
    haha cute!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Gwen Stefani's boy's swim shirt!! Where does one get one of those??!!

that looks an awful lot like THE Eagles skull...is it?? or just similar...it's a little small for me to see.
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

I was watching Garth Brooks' Blame It All On My Roots. He was talking about greatest bands in the 70s. He started singing "warm smell of colitas" He was like what the hell colitas are. So he went to the urban dictionary to find out what it means. He says don't do it. So he says part of a marijuana plant(makes sense), a region where wolves live in Arizona(he's going to throw that definition out), and then your azz. So he puts that definition into the line. Warm smell of your azz. And I was thinking I don't think that's what Don and Glenn meant for that line.

I don't know how I miss this because I watched it when it first came on, but I think I miss like an hour of it because I wasn't home.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-18-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Border Troubadour

The weather here has got a lot cooler and I was talking to my mother about it. She agreed and said 'the heat is gone...'

....I know I'm a lost cause
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

I've found out that they serve Tequilas Sunrises here in Nice

I'm teaching History of the English Language and as I write up the materials for the class, I keep thinking History of the Eagles... lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Your class sounds fascinating, Soda. The tour guides in the Tower of London say that if you speak English/are from an English-speaking country, all of the rights that you enjoy are a direct result of the centuries of law-making that took place in the Tower. I always thought that was so cool, and your class sounds like it might touch on some similar themes.

It's about how social and political change affects language construction as well as the type of changes that took place. I love teaching it. People often take language for granted and don't really examine it. Have you ever wondered how a language that came from a little island without a terribly dense population - a language that didn't even really get started until the first century AD and didn't get going in earnest until the fifth century (compare that to the Greeks, for instance, who had produced the likes of The Odyssey in their language hundreds of years earlier) - how English went from a regional dialect to the dominant language on the planet ("dominant" in terms of everything from global commerce to academic research to pop culture to the internet) in less than 2000 years? It's a fascinating journey indeed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It's about how social and political change affects language construction as well as the type of changes that took place. I love teaching it. People often take language for granted and don't really examine it. Have you ever wondered how a language that came from a little island without a terribly dense population - a language that didn't even really get started until the first century AD and didn't get going in earnest until the fifth century (compare that to the Greeks, for instance, who had produced the likes of The Odyssey in their language hundreds of years earlier) - how English went from a regional dialect to the dominant language on the planet ("dominant" in terms of everything from global commerce to academic research to pop culture to the internet) in less than 2000 years? It's a fascinating journey indeed.
    I'd love to take that course!