Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: On the Border

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Eagles Song Survivor: On the Border

Time for the On the Border Song Survivor! If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list the songs from On the Border here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes must be cast before the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

Note: The board clock is not accurate (currently 30 - 31 minutes ahead of real time). Please do not rely on it for meeting posting deadlines.

While these games can get heated, remember it's all in good fun. You can debate the merits of a song, but don't badger people who don't vote the same way you do. The administrator and moderators reserve the right to take action if they determine that someone is behaving disruptively, nastily, or otherwise inappropriately.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

Note: In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

GAME OVER!

The winner is:

Already Gone

Song Eliminated:
    You Never Cry Like a Lover 3/24
    Midnight Flyer 3/26
    Is It True 3/28
    On the Border 3/30
    My Man 4/01
    James Dean 4/03
    Good Day in Hell 4/05
    Ol’ 55 4/07
    The Best of My Love 4/09

Thanks for playing and hope everyone enjoyed the game.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 03-28-2018 at 11:40 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: On the Border

I vote for You Never Cry Like A Lover

Stuck on the Border

Midnight Flyer

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I vote for You Never Cry Like A Lover
    Likewise

You Never Cry Like A Lover
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

You never cried like a Lover I do like this song a lot. The verses are not that good and I strongly dislike the “stone and wood” line. But I love the song about midway on. I like the “try a little harder” and the solo. Definitely missed opportunity on this song

I'm going to join the crowd here.

I cast my vote for You Never Cry Like a Lover.

I like the sophisticated "Carousel" simile and there is an element of vulnerability in "I was hoping you were the one" that's affecting... but otherwise, I really dislike the tone of the song's lyrics. Always rubbed me the wrong way. The melody isn't their best work either. It's in my bottom ten Eagles songs.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I want to emphasize a rule in opening post, especially for the newbies:

"Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote".

Please make sure you are very specific about when you are voting and what you are voting for. I do not want to be put in the position of guessing or assuming what you want because I may get it wrong. Therefore if there is any doubt, I will not count your vote when I talley the results.

YoungEaglesFan - Can you please clarify if you were actually voting for You Never Cry Lover in Post #6?

Thanks.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Rebel

I vote for "Is It True?" Of all of Randy's songs, this is my least favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I want to emphasize a rule in opening post, especially for the newbies:

"Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote".

Please make sure you are very specific about when you are voting and what you are voting for. I do not want to be put in the position of guessing or assuming what you want because I may get it wrong. Therefore if there is any doubt, I will not count your vote when I talley the results.

YoungEaglesFan - Can you please clarify if you were actually voting for You Never Cry Lover in Post #6?

Thanks.
    Oh sorry Dreamer I meant to separate that. I am voting for YNCLAL.