Life's Been Good
    (Joe Walsh song)

Life in the Fast Lane

Desperado

Take It to the Limit

Rocky Mountain Way
    (Joe Walsh song)

Take It Easy
    Where is this from? Not doubting you but I have only heard one person say they've seen TALA live before. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they played that. I'd love to hear victim of love live as well. The set iist seems kinda short. I have a feeling there was probably a couple more songs but that would be such a great concert

Border Rebel

Default Re: 1977 DC concert

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Where is this from? Not doubting you but I have only heard one person say they've seen TALA live before. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they played that. I'd love to hear victim of love live as well. The set iist seems kinda short. I have a feeling there was probably a couple more songs but that would be such a great concert
    Back in the the 70s, the Eagles didn't do the three hour shows they've been doing since they reformed in the 90s. I was one person who saw them do TALA live and it was in March of 1977 so I can easily believe it was played during this show as well.

Stuck on the Border

YEF - It comes from a site(forget the name) that list songs performed by groups in concert. From what I can gather the list is not always correct. From what I have seen from people who were there, they did more songs than that.

That's a great setlist...now I want it even more. I'd love to see Try and Love Again done live.

YoungEaglesFan...there is video of them doing Victim of Love live, from the HFO tour.

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    Back in the the 70s, the Eagles didn't do the three hour shows they've been doing since they reformed in the 90s. I was one person who saw them do TALA live and it was in March of 1977 so I can easily believe it was played during this show as well.
    I heard of someone seeing it live but until that I heard it was a song that didn't make the set list so i wasn't sure

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I hope Henley really does release this concert in its entirety.

What would be nice is a dvd with concert footage from different time periods, 1972-2016, not entire concerts, but different performances across the band's career. I have something like this for Led Zeppelin and it's great. I know it would sell, and it would be a nice tribute to Glenn.
    It would be great if the whole ‘77 D.C Concert were released. However what Henley actually said according to the Runaway thread (the very first page, 2nd question) is that some live tracks from the 76/77 tour would be the included in the 40th Anniversary album. Chances are there will be something from the Capital Centre concert but I don’t think we can assume it will be the whole concert or that performances from the many other concerts they held won’t be included as well (I know you were not the one posted that it would be, I just wanted to clarify).

I agree with your DVD idea.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I’m guessing TM got it it from setlist.com (you may want to check it out) but of course he is the one who can answer that definitively.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Troubadour

I agree the setlist would look something like that posted above in length and content, however I suspect Best of My Love is displaced in it (unless the sets differed greatly between the two shows), as the final bow footage from those gigs (featured in the doc only) shows Henley in the middle of them, with an acoustic guitar strapped around him. I don't think he did any other songs on guitar in those days, so unless they took their final bow mid-set then something is awry!

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I agree the setlist would look something like that posted above in length and content, however I suspect Best of My Love is displaced in it (unless the sets differed greatly between the two shows), as the final bow footage from those gigs (featured in the doc only) shows Henley in the middle of them, with an acoustic guitar strapped around him. I don't think he did any other songs on guitar in those days, so unless they took their final bow mid-set then something is awry!
    Maybe they agreed to do the “final bow” after BOML b/c they thought it would be the most opportune time with them all in front together. They knew this was being filmed for a documentary so some things were probably done differently than usual. It’s possible the footage was edited to make it seem the bow took place at the very end.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Maybe they agreed to do the “final bow” after BOML b/c they thought it would be the most opportune time with them all in front together. They knew this was being filmed for a documentary so some things were probably done differently than usual. It’s possible the footage was edited to make it seem the bow took place at the very end.
    Which is fair enough but would be a very bizarre thing to do, regardless of whether it was being filmed. It would take Don, what, less than ten seconds to hop down to the front and bow with them? The way they practically evacuate the stage after Take It Easy similarly makes me think it wasn't the final song.