Page 156 of 166 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    And this is just MHO, but I don't think Don, Cindy, Joe, or Tim care about what any of us think. They will do want they want to do and what they feel is best for them.
    And that's fine, but with that comes repercussions they will have to face. They can make those decisions and we can comment on said decisions and choose rather or not to support them financially any more or not, and that will inevitably be noticeable at some point. And I know there are a lot more that feel like me so I feel pretty confident in that regard that at some point it will be noticed.

They have the freedom to move on, and we have the freedom to not support them and criticize them. It's really just that simple. It works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    It's totally fine if you don't think that's really the Eagles up there, but you don't need to criticize them, you should wish for their success, not for their failure.
    Looks an awful lot like what FP is saying, AT. Saying we should wish for their success.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Looks an awful lot like what FP is saying, AT. Saying we should wish for their success.
    Hmm... I deleted my post and will read more carefully next time. This is a very tricky thread, because of long history.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Hmm... I deleted my post and will read more carefully next time. This is a very tricky thread, because of long history.
    That's ok. I just wanted you to know it wasn't made up.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I think you are a bit misguided WKM. I'm not asking them to work for no money. I'm asking them to not work under the Eagles name at all. If they want to make money, which is fine under the right umbrella, they can find a new name and or focus on their solo careers. They can sell real Eagles unreleased vault stuff, they can sell merchandise, whatever. But they lose all of my respect doing what they are doing. To me it's fraudulent. It just is, and that's just how I feel about it.

Don, Joe, and Tim without Glenn but with Glenn's son and Vince Gill doesn't not = Eagles. While I agree that the sum of the parts are greater, for me Glenn was the Eagles heart and soul. I know not everyone feels that way and that's perfectly ok. But it really was his baby and I don't think there is any changing the way I feel about that, I have my own observations and things I've seen. Not to mention his contributions. That is just my take on it, but it does influence how I feel about this Eagles 3.0 business.
    I fail to see how this fraudulent. People pay to have the remaining Eagles plus help play music. If you're only issue is using the name Eagles then we are only arguing over semantics. If Joe Don and Tim plus Deacon and Vince played the Eagles music at the east and west without calling it the Eagles everyone would still view them as the Eagles. To make logical sense you ought to either be OK with Eagles 3.0 or just simply oppose any new Eagles activities. I could easily devils advocate and argue that what Glenn and Don did to the band made them fraudulent. That is a pretty common view now

Banned

No other band in the history of this planet, outside of the Beatles, could sell 55,000 tickets after losing their frontman. Could the Stones sell out Dodger Stadium without Mick? Hell no. I know it's little consolation to people, but that's Glenn's legacy to me -- a big part of it, anyway. He created something so much larger than life that even when he's not there, they're megahuge. Glenn did that. That's why I deeply believe that every time they step on the stage they are honoring Glenn.

While no one expects the band to work for free I have yet to see anyone supporting the band actually concede that MONEY could/would be a major incentive for touring under the Eagles brand name until ... wait for it .... the question was asked.

Of course, Song Power ... keeping the songs alive ... sounds better than show me the money but let's keep it real and understand the Eagles is a business and hiring Vince Gill and Deacon Frey to replace Glenn Frey was a fate accompli.

I believe the Eagles got alot of mileage out of Vince Gill and Deacon Frey. What happens if they take either or both of them out of the lineup?

Also the first two concerts Classics East and West were 6 bands and fans had to buy 2day passes until one day passes were made available. The Eagles were one of three bands performing. At Classic Northwest it was Eagles and Doobie Brothers.
    Last edited by Dawn; 10-11-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I believe the Eagles got alot of mileage out of Vince Gill and Deacon Frey. What happens if they take either or both of them out of the lineup?
    Well, let's be honest here. They could replace GIll with anyone. Deacon Frey on the other hand provides the only connecton left with his father. Take him out, you take out the last vestiges of credibilty this operation has. But that is another issue for down the track, no doubt for next year when a 30 or 40 date American tour is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    While no one expects the band to work for free I have yet to see anyone supporting the band actually concede that MONEY could/would be a major incentive for touring under the Eagles brand name until ... wait for it .... the question was asked.

Of course, Song Power ... keeping the songs alive ... sounds better than show me the money but let's keep it real and understand the Eagles is a business and hiring Vince Gill and Deacon Frey to replace Glenn Frey was a fate accompli.
    Of course money played a role but to only criticize the band for money grabbing now is hypocritical. Hell freezes over was a tour at least partly done for money, same thing since the LROOE tour. They kept going because of money. Unless you're putting new material out, you're recycling old stuff for money. So to criticize the new lineup for money grabbing is unfair