Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump's Inauguration

Banned

Default Trump's Inauguration

I've just caught the reports that Elton John will not be performing at Donald Trump's Inauguration.
    http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2016...ing-trump.html

Which begs the question,who is going to perform?

There was so much hostility towards the next president, by the music community in general, that there must be a temptation to lay on a parallel concert, inviting all the artists that prefer to distance themselves from the billionaire, to perform. I'm sure it'd make a much more impressive line up and as long as it's done in a spirit of non-hostility, it could be a worthy exercise.

I don't think I'd disown any of my favourite acts if they agreed to perform at Trump's Inauguration. I find him repulsive but someone has to negotiate him towards the right path.

I wonder how Henley thinks of the Eagles link up with Walmart almost a decade on?

Border Desperado

Default Re: Trump's Inauguration

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I've just caught the reports that Elton John will not be performing at Donald Trump's Inauguration.
    http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2016...ing-trump.html

Which begs the question,who is going to perform?
    Kanye West?

Elton John supports the Clintons? LOL. I don't mind celebrities being political, but know your stuff, don't just follow the pack, take the time to know how they voted. Up until the S.C. ruling, Hillary was AGAINST equal rights for gay people.

I also remember Don Henley making excuses for Wal-Mart... As said in Felder's book "Henley's View" - and I agree. It's easy to talk, or even give a tiny portion of the money you got from the people, but then support certain politicians who have done the exact OPPOSITE of what you "say" you believe in..

I think they believe in money first and second... People always make excuses for people they like, but I believe the opposite should be done, that EVERYONE should have their feet held to the fire, ESPECIALLY those who you like, to make them better, instead of shielding them.

No reason tickets should cost thousands of dollars. I see old ticket stubs with 50 cent tickets, and wages haven't gone up that much, and Eagles concerts are totally void of the working-class. The only reason why I went was because the show at Joe Louis Arena (Detroit) was the day before my birthday, and my sister bought the ticket for me.

You can't say you support the working-class if they can't even afford a ticket to your concert. Within minutes, the wealthy buys most of the tickets up and sell them for much higher - and of course the police go after scalpers who try to make a tiny % -- more class harassment.

Stuck on the Border

Where does it say Elton John supports the Clintons? He's not american and I don't think he even lives in the US. Whyever should he support Trump? He has nothing to gain and a lot to lose by an association with Trump.

This is what he said in Februaryin The Guardian:
    Today, he is even tactful about his decision to stop Donald Trump using his music at his rallies. “I don’t really want my music to be involved in anything to do with an American election campaign. I’m British. I’ve met Donald Trump, he was very nice to me, it’s nothing personal, his political views are his own, mine are very different, I’m not a Republican in a million years. Why not ask Ted f*ing Nugent? Or one of those f*ing country stars? They’ll do it for you.”

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

He also uninvited Vince Neil, the lead singer for Motley Crue. He and his solo band were asked to perform, not knowing who the winner would be. After Lord Cheeto was elected, he was disinvited. I guess Vince certainly wouldn't fit Cheeto's mould, and Elton wouldn't fit Pence's. I'm sure whomever they get will suck.

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

On Inauguration Day, I will be enjoying Don Henley performing in Little Rock - a couple of blocks over from President Clinton Avenue. I'm looking forward to whatever comments he may make about the significance of the day!

Banned

Initially I thought this was a bit of a joke but Trump must be getting pretty desperate by now.

I actually wouldn't be against any of the Eagles playing Trump's inauguration. Joe's run for president, as an anti establishment candidate in the past. The Eagles showed support for The Dixie Chicks, when they suffered after expressing the same anti-Bush sentiments that the Eagles got away with. Henley is looking for a multi-billionaire to support his charities and political support for his intellectual property legislation. not forgetting the controversial deal they made with Walmart in 2007. There is bargaining power on offer, if Trump can be trusted to keep his word.

I'm sure Don could dig up a couple of appropriate songs to fit the occasion.

I've no doubt that Trump will be a better person in five years time than he is now. He has to turn himself into a statesman, he has to learn diplomacy. Maybe for the first time in his life, he'll be required to deal with people who will respond to his actions rather than his bank balance. Having anti republican ex Eagles play at his Inauguration could be a positive move by both parties.

I doubt Don would play for Trump. Don doesn't like Trump and he said it a few times that he doesn't like Trump. Remembered when he was on Stephen Corbert's show? Need I say more.

I guess we will see who will play at his inauguration. I haven't heard any people jumping on board for that.

Stuck on the Border

Initially I thought this was a bit of a joke but Trump must be getting pretty desperate by now.

I actually wouldn't be against any of the Eagles playing Trump's inauguration. Joe's run for president, as an anti establishment candidate in the past. The Eagles showed support for The Dixie Chicks, when they suffered after expressing the same anti-Bush sentiments that the Eagles got away with. Henley is looking for a multi-billionaire to support his charities and political support for his intellectual property legislation. not forgetting the controversial deal they made with Walmart in 2007. There is bargaining power on offer, if Trump can be trusted to keep his word.

I've no doubt that Trump will be a better person in five years time than he is now. He has to turn himself into a statesman, he has to learn diplomacy. Maybe for the first time in his life, he'll be required to deal with people who will respond to his actions rather than his bank balance. Having anti republican ex Eagles play at his Inauguration could be a positive move by both parties.
    You know this how?

Thanks for stirring, as usual.

Thanks F50 - I needed a laugh today and you provided it with that comment . Hell would definitely have to freeze over before any of that would happen!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"