Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Your Favorite MOMENTS In Songs??

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Re: Your Favorite MOMENTS In Songs??

Emerson, Lake, & Palmer moments...

Keith Emerson's piano on "Take a Pebble," starting at around 6:25.

The guitar solo in the middle of "Lucky Man," as well as the synthesizer/keyboard solos at the end.

Those searing keyboards all throughout the song "Jerusalem."

That gentle plucking of the guitar strings between the first chorus and the second stanza of the song "Still...You Turn Me On." So simple & so sweet. When I envision serenading a young lass, that is the song I'm always playing.

The synth & keyboard outro to "Memoirs of an Officer and a Gentleman," starting at around 16:30.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Now that you mentioned that song, I love Ray's flute bit somewhere in the middle.
    That part is pretty awesome, as well. There are many a great moment in that particular song.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

There's a moment in the song "Layla" by Derek and the Dominoes after the final verse is sung, right before the piano coda, where band members are shouting "whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa."

You'd have to listen very closely to catch it, but it just adds a certain energetic angst to a song that requires that sort of feeling.
    All carrot, no stick.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

One piece of music I absolutely love that I've just been reminded of after listening to it is the wonderfully mournful sounding harmonica solo at the end of Bob Dylan's You're A Big Girl.

A couple of others I don't think I've mentioned: I love the piano in the final 30 seconds of Neil Young's I Believe In You, and the 'Did you ever really love somebody' verse of Led Zeppelin's Ten Years Gone (great combination of music, lyrics and vocals).

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I heard this song today and it reminded me of this thread - I absolutely love the chorus' in Bob Seger's Turn the Page. And speaking of Seger, another favorite of mine is the end of Against the Wind when he and Glenn keep repeating those words - one of the finest examples of high quality repetition I've ever heard.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by WS82Classics View Post
    There's a moment in the song "Layla" by Derek and the Dominoes after the final verse is sung, right before the piano coda, where band members are shouting "whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa."

You'd have to listen very closely to catch it, but it just adds a certain energetic angst to a song that requires that sort of feeling.

I love that, but I really love the screaming guitar solo, only 5 notes, played on the 15th fret (around there), crying hysterically.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

A few more personal favourite moments I'd like to mention:

- The conclusion of the Desperado Reprise with the Eagles repeatedly singing 'Desperado'. This section features some of their very finest harmony vocals and is spine tingling on record and even better live (especially the Don Kirshner's Rock Concert version). I also love Don's drumming on this part of the song and Bernie's banjo that appears near the end of the studio version.
    - The main riff on Led Zeppelin's The Wanton Song, which effectively acts as that song's chorus.
    - The beginning of Neil Young's Like A Hurricane. This song was played at a funeral I went to recently, and the sudden introduction took on even greater power than usual.
    - The melodic guitar solo in Lynyrd Skynyrd's I Never Dreamed that starts around 3:02 into the song.
    - The final verse of Fleetwood Mac's Silver Springs, starting from the point when Stevie first sings 'I'll follow you down 'til the sound of my voice will haunt you'.
    - Jon Lord's amazing organ solos on Deep Purple's Highway Star.
    - The harmonica on Bob Dylan's original Mr Tambourine Man that precedes the final verse, which is a great moment in itself thanks to the wonderfully vivid imagery of the lyrics (such as 'through the haunted frightened trees, out to the windy beach'..., fantastic stuff).