Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Music/Song Suggestions

Default Music/Song Suggestions

I know there's a lot of music that i haven't heard out there....and since we were suggesting BK listen to Keith Urban I was wondering if there is any music or songs in particular that you would recommend to the anyone here. For instance, I just recently listening to Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly" and "Comfortably Numb" and found I liked them a lot! Anything with a cool bass line grabs my attention. Or something bluesy/funky (Jonny Lang, Marc Broussard) rockin country (Wynonna! travis tritt)........pretty much anything!

Bring 'em on guys! I'm ready to download! as I'm listening to Wynonna's "Attitude"

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Oh, I love Pink Floyd. But I don't know these songs, Maleah.

Lately I listen to the older music like Supertramp, Alan Parson, ELO and so on.
    I know everybody will laugh at me but I really love the album of TAKE THAT. It's the best album they ever made, IMO. Love every song. And I downloaded an album of Scissor Sisters. She's My Man is a very cool song.

Hmmm.......I haven't heard any of those EF. I'll have to look for them!

I LOVE the melody of Pink Floyd's "Learning To Fly." I'm not sure why though!

So I'd recommend that If anybody likes country.....I'd also recommend Wynonna (I Want To Know What Love Is, Attitude, or others if you're interested), Travis Tritt (Homesick, Put Some Drive In Your Country, Start The Car) and if you like powerful voices.....Martina McBride!

Other than that........I'm really enjoying digging up some of Bob Seger's older stuff! LOVE his voice!

Have you heard Steve Earle and have you heard Gram Parsons? Love them both. Ooh, and CCR and/or John Fogerty. Love his voice
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Here in Germany radio stations are playing one song the whole day: Grace Kelly from Mika. Very cool. Sometimes he sounds like Freddy Mercury in that song. You can find it on Limewire.

Stuck on the Border

Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler's solo albums. I could write about this for hours. Let me think about this and I will recommend some specific tracks (there is more to them than Sultans Of Swing & Money For Nothing).

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler's solo albums. I could write about this for hours. Let me think about this and I will recommend some specific tracks (there is more to them than Sultans Of Swing & Money For Nothing).
    FP -- I LOVE Dire Straits! "Romeo and Juliet", "Industrial Disease", "Skateaway", and "Twisting By the Pool" just to name a few!!!

"Romeo and Juliet" ... everytime I hear it ... takes me back to the early '80s and a boyfriend I had. He loved Dire Straits (introduced me to them). I can't hear that song and not think about him and those days.

Oh, I forgot about "So Far Away"! Love that one too!

Okay, back to the topic!
    "I'm not here for your entertainment, you don't really wanna mess with me tonight ....." -- Pink
    www.setbb.com/allthingsmusic

Well, Maleah, to get back to the topic, have you ever listened to any Avril Lavigne? She's very talented. I love her voice. One of her songs called "Damn Cold Night" is so beautiful! I absolutely love it!!!

Then, of course, there's Cheap Trick, Aerosmith, No Doubt, Chicago, Lynryd Skynryd, just to name a few!! Very different sounds (everyone I just named here). In my opinion, worth listening to.

I could echo EF and say that ELO's stuff is amazing!!! And while we're talking initials, there's always ELP!!

Just some food for thought!
    "I'm not here for your entertainment, you don't really wanna mess with me tonight ....." -- Pink
    www.setbb.com/allthingsmusic

I haven't heard most of the groups/songs so far, so I'll be busy

BUT.......I do listen to Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, and Lynyrd Skynyrd BK. I think i may have heard a couple of Avril Lavigne as well but I don't remember what she sounds like.

Stuck on the Border

My very brief Dire Straits guide is as follows:

Their masterpiece is Making Movies, which contains Knopfler's greatest ever song, Romeo & Juliet, plus some other classics in Tunnel Of Love, Skateaway and Solid Rock. It's a great pop album. Follow this with Brothers In Arms, not so much for the big hits, good though they are, but for more thoughtful songs like Ride Across The River and The Man's Too Strong, although the title track should be heard by everyone. The first two albums, Dire Straits and Communique, have really good songs like Sultans, In The Gallery & Lady Writer. On Every Street is patchy, despite the wonderful title track, the countryish How Long & the tale of rock'n'roll excess, Heavy Fuel. Love Over Gold is not for Dire Straits beginners. It is worth having for Industrial Disease but most of it just goes on too long.

Knopfler's most commercial album is Sailing To Philadelphia, with the beautiful title track about the Mason-Dixon Line, What It Is, an anthem to Edinburgh, and The Last Laugh with another hero of mine, Van Morrison.

Ragpicker's Dream is very quirky & is not for beginners, but it contains his best solo song, the rousing Why Aye Man, about Geordies working in Germany, as well as Coyote, sung by a sympathetic Roadrunner (really).

Shangri-La is a tour de force of wonderful 'story' songs and as ever, wonderful guitar work. The standouts are 5.15 AM, Boom Like That (about the founder of MacDonalds, Ray Kroc) and the beautiful Trawlerman's Song and Song For Sonny Liston.

If any of this appeals you can then try his album of duets with Emmylou Harris, All The Roadrunning.