Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Music Recommendations - Songs

Default Re: New Music Recommendations - Songs

I've only heard one song by the Avett Brothers, other than the one you listed of course, and it is "Shame." I really like it!

I've really been enjoying "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye. It kind of has a vintage, old school vibe that I really like. Weird video though. lol
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY[/ame]

I also think that "We Are Young" by Fun. has a ridiculously catchy chorus. I'll suffer through the rest of it just to listen to that part each time. lol
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6dMFF_yts&ob=av2n[/ame]

Aaaaand not new music at ALL (sorry!) but I've been getting teased at work a bit because I am on a HUGE Lionel Richie kick lately. There's a select few artists that I'll listen to something of theirs and it just suddenly hits me (sometimes after hearing them many times!)..."holy crap...I LOVE their voice!" Don Henley & The Eagles were one. Elton John was one. Lionel Richie is now one. lol What probably kicked it into gear was watching the special with him and several country artists.
    I thought him and Kenny Rogers were absolutely adorable together, you can tell they're close friends.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga1gyaEiuzY[/ame]

And I'm not normally much of a Jennifer Nettles fan, but doggone it I don't understand how she can normally duet well with ANYONE in spite of her very unique voice. She has a long of "twang" but I thought they nailed "Hello" together.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvtN6lzXEM[/ame]
    Last edited by Maleah; 04-19-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I really enjoyed that show too Maleah! At first I was thinking why is he trying to go country? But as we watched the show I remembered how many hits this guy had and just loved listening to them. They really didn't sound country even though country artists were doing a lot of the performing.

I find myself wanting to download some of them now! I think I have an old cassette tape of some of them!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

LOL I'm glad it wasn't just me Brooke! I LOVED it! He's just got such an easy, charismatic way about him, that I loved watching him perform. And I didn't realize how many hits he had! And I actually thought a lot of them sounded really good together!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yeah, he seems like a really nice guy. My husband commented that it seemed effortless for him to sing. So natural and easy. Like Sunday morning.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I love this thread because with my emusic subscription, I can add all these songs to my collection for a low price. I love getting introduced to new stuff.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

lol! Well played Brooke. that's the same thing my sister said too, how effortless it seemed for him!
    Last edited by Maleah; 04-19-2012 at 08:12 PM.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of emusic Soda! Anything that includes the words "low price" sounds good though.

It's just a typical subscription service - pay $13 a month and you can download about 15-20 songs per month. The only problem is that they don't have everything you might want, and if you don't have 15 songs you wanna download, the money goes bye-bye (there's no carry over from one month to the next). On the other hand, needing to pick 15 songs a month makes me look out for new recommendations and try new music - definitely a good thing.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Oh nice! I can see where a thread like this would be very helpful then! lol

Stuck on the Border

Gotye is Australian, if anyone is interested (although born in Belgium). Apparently it's the first Number One single for a solo Australian act in the US since Olivia Newton-John back in the 80s. The one prior to that was Savage Garden who were a duo.