Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cars

Default Re: The Cars

Yeah, I bet that if they had replaced Benjamin those people would have still been in an uproar. Do they just not want the Cars to exist anymore?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Do they just not want the Cars to exist anymore?

That's pretty much it. As far as they are concerned without Benjamin, there is no Cars. Benjamin sang half the songs and they feel Ric should not be singing all of them now. Interesting to note that their biggest hit was Drive (Benjamin sung) and they DID NOT do it Tuesday night in Seattle. I would wager bets that they decided that one was off limits during the tour-which again proves to me that they are being respectful to Benjamin's memory.

They all pretty much say it's all Ric's fault they never got back together when Benjamin was alive, Ric's the reason they fought and broke up, etc., yadda, yadda, yadda..... I'm sorry, but only 2 people really know what happened and one of them can't state his case any longer. Besides, they made up a couple months before Benjamin passed away, which is common knowledge and can be seen when they all sat down for the interview for the Unlocked dvd. Benjamin was very ill and looked it then and Ric kept patting him on the back and was so tender to him, it brought a tear to my eye the first time I saw it.

I don't know, it's almost as if they feel they are being unloyal to Benjamin if they enjoy the new Cars music now. I for one, don't feel as if there's anything wrong with it and I am being realistic - Benjamin is gone and why can't I enjoy the reunion & the new music? Doesn't mean I love Benjamin and the old music any less--right?

Geesh-why am I letting a few people on a message board throw a damper in what is so exciting for me otherwise! The heck with them!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Introduction "before we do this next song, just want to give a tip of the hat to our friend Benjamin Orr"
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zucvd2jV5Gs&feature=share[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo3Q5NRATfA&feature=related[/ame]

I can definitely understand why some fans wouldn't want this to happen since Benjamin can't be a part of it. But there's a way to handle these emotions and I don't believe anger is the right way. I can imagine feeling sad or sorrowful but angry? It doesn't do anybody any good.
    Last edited by Prettymaid; 05-13-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Willie, WireImage had shots of the Hollywood Palladium show. Here are four photos for you for a limited time (I knew you'd never forgive me if I didn't save them).

Oh Julie---You just made my morning!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.... I especially love the one of Ric!!! These are fabulous pics!!!

The Cars were on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon last night. The sang Blue Tip from the new album and Let's Go, which has been posted to the website and below.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon....bebfa7a0fd%2C0

I bought Heartbeat City today at Walmart for $5.00. It's got a few of my favorites on there, like Drive, and Magic.

Awww EL--If I could reach you to hug you I would!!

That's actually my favorite Cars album. It includes 3 of my favorite Cars songs, tho not my favorite which is Candy-O (all Benjamin lead vocals)--Drive, Stranger Eyes and It's Not The Night. But also hits Magic & You Might Think. Also really enjoy the title track, I Refuse and Why Can't I Have You. Not a stinker on this album!

Enjoy!!!!! Let me know what you think of it.

Listening to it. It's a very good CD. Not a bad song on there.