Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heart

Default Heart

For those who may not be that familiar with the Wilson sisters, Nancy is the one with the guitar <LOL>.

Here is a great interview with her where she divulges information about the career of "Heart" including her "influences", her part in the sky rocketing of "Heart" and also her career as one who has scored more music for The Big Screen than you might have realized!

Good Interview:

http://www.believermag.com/issues/20...terview_wilson

MikeA

Default Re: Interview with Nancy Wilson (Heart)

Interesting. Thanks for posting it, Mike!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I didn't know until recently that she was married to Cameron Crow!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Love the part where they talk about the tour bus scene in Almost Famous and Tiny Dancer comes on. That's always been my favorite part of that movie also.

Nancy and Ann are both real class acts!! Along with Stevie, they are the best women in rock n roll!!! JMHO!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'm probably repeating myself here. Seems like I mentioned it once before about "Heart". But it REALLY stuck in my mind and the interview sort of made reference to it with a remark that Nancy made about "augmentation".

It was on that TV Reality show called "Rockstar Supernova" where I first heard of Dilana.

I do not remember which member of the "superstar" band it was who was critiqueing one of the female contestants. She was dressed in a very "revealing" costume, picked up the microphone and immediately started undulating eventually ending up practically doing a lap-dance on the lead guitarist.

The critique was that such action was totally demeaning and absolutely unnecessary. He gave an illustration of female rockers who did NOT rely on "SEX" to become prominent and used in that illustration BOTH of the Wilson sisters of Heart. He pointed out that you would never see them relying on anything other than talent. He went on to say they were a really "class act" and were great icons to emulate.

I thought that was high praise indeed coming from the guys who were looking for a "frontman". I have a lot of respect and admiration for "Heart". And, they are STILL DOING IT!

MikeA

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

What a great interview! Thanks Mike!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Heart

I was just on a cable TV channel called "AXS TV" and Heart will be playing a Christmas day show from Seattle on that channel, along with some special guests like Sammy Hagar and some others. It is on at 8:00 p.m. EST.

Also, I watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High for the millionth time, and I just noticed that the pretty lady in the convertible waving at Judge Reinhold when he's wearing the pirate hat is Nancy Wilson! I also noticed for the first time from the end credits that Mr. Vargas' wife is played by Lana Clarkson, the actor that Phil Spector killed .

As it's that time of year I always recommend A Lovemongers' Christmas to enjoy Ann & Nancy singing beautiful seasonal songs. My favorite is "How Wonderful."

Have to say, though, that I was a bit disappointed in Fanatic; I appreciate that A&N are continuing to make new music whether they're considered culturally relevant or not, but compared to Jupiter's Daughter and Red Velvet Car, I was surprised that Fanatic didn't really grab me, and this is coming from someone who loves Private Audition and Passionworks, which are considered their most obscure/unloved albums.
    ...I could have done so many things, baby
    if I could only stop my mind...

Some guys are born to Rimbaud
    some guys breathe Baudelaire
    some guys just got to go and put their rockets everywhere.

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

Heart are awesome

A couple of my friends are trying to get me to go on a "Women Who Rock" cruise in November that features Heart, Emmylou Harris, and the Indigo Girls among others. I'm not interested because the price is pretty steep, but I bet many hardcore Heart fans would find it worth the money!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten